Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Don't Civs Start Where They're Supposed To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Don't Civs Start Where They're Supposed To?

So I start up my game as the Americans expecting to get some time to acquiant myself with the interface before I meet any civilizations (seeing as how I'm in North American and everybody else I chose was in Europe, Africa, and Asia).

Next thing I know, I'm in India, the British are in China, the Russians are the Japan, the Japanese are where the British are supposed to be, and the French are in South Africa. What the hell is going on here? Aren't there any fixed starting positions?

I'm not liking this randomized starting and I'm wondering if there is any way to fix it...

Besides that, everything else is fine.

its just another complaint on the heap... predetermined "world accurate" starting points have been axed. They're always random. grah
    I hate Civ3!

Comment

You've got to be kidding! Well, is there any word on this being fixed because this is... welll... really §hitty!

Comment

since when was a Civ game's starting position not randomized? Be greatful that they included a earth map at all.
        Alex

Comment

Damn it. Another game that promised to be "game of the year" screwed us over.

They better fix it otherwise Civ III just may be going back to the store... Unless something is done - Europa Universalis will be my game to replace Civ 3. At least they KNOW what quality means.

Everything works great in Civ 3 but I need those historical starting positions. I don't know why, it just ruins the game for me if it's all screwed.

Comment

Isn't there a map editor or something??
            Alex

Comment

since when was a Civ game's starting position not randomized? Be greatful that they included a earth map at all.
              Um, try Civ II and Civ I.

It is the most simple mistakes or oversights like this that worry me the most.

Bkeela.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Hpoefully somebody can fix this.

Comment

Working...
                X