No announcement yet.

Top 10 Likes and Dislikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the whole SE vs. Civ Govs is an old debate, but since civ style gov's won out I would expect at least a few more choices... also the goverment editor isn't nearly as powerful as many people think since there aren't that many options actualy available. I really hope Firaxis does the right thing and add a few more gov's, or at least (and far more likely) add a few more options to the gov. editor. Why "City-State", "Feudal Monarchy", "Socalist Democracy", "Facism", "Dictatorship" and "Confederacy" weren't allowed as "official" option I have no idea.

A few "Ordinances" and choices of "Economics" would also go a long way... and you wouldn't need many:
    1.Enviromentalism: Reduced pollution and production/growth
    2.Slave State: With-out it you must pay captured workers (but they work at normal rate), and it allows non-national to be used as forced labor w/o a happiness penalty to your nationals and in any goverment form.
    3.Free-Speech: Propaganda % increased against you but makes 1 unhappy person content in cities, 2 in metropolisis.
    4. Etc.

These "ordinances" could be chosen from a simple menu with check-marks and cost xx gold to enact/repeal. You would just need one extra button to access this menu that could easily be placed under the mobility button.

Comment

I agree with everything said and add this to "dislikes":

11 - It's ridiculous that I have to pay for my embassy/spy to look up on a city for me. Lets get real, what's so secret about the city's improvements and revenue that you need a real espionage mission to see this?

Those data that appear on the city information screen not only are clear enough to any observer, but they are well-documented freely too. You can search info about any city easily, and now with the internet it's even easier.

Ok, confidential information could be classified such as the presence of SAM batteries in the city or something like that... But, why remove the free consulting to the enemy's cities?
      -----
      Long live THE HIVE!

Comment

Working...
      X