Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubber and jungle

one question:
    does clearing jungle prevent that square later from having rubber?
    that is, if i clean it before i am able to see it, will it appear on that grassland (illogical) or not at all (so that i have to die of malaria for 3000 years before it appears). either answer is fine, just as long as it is definitive. thank you!

resources are pre-placed when the world is created, so the rubber is already placed before you know about it. Tearing down forests does not get rid of the resources. So yes, it will apear on the grassland.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Osweld, that's what I thought as well.
      But I noticed that rubber only appeared on jungle tiles, and not on former-jungle tiles ! Besides that does it rarely exist on the map I play right now (100% covered with AI and me, much jungle has been removed)
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

That is how it works, and I have experienced it first hand.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
          Osweld, that's what I thought as well.
          But I noticed that rubber only appeared on jungle tiles, and not on former-jungle tiles ! Besides that does it rarely exist on the map I play right now (100% covered with AI and me, much jungle has been removed)
          removing jungle from a rubber/coal tile does not affect the resource, whether or not you have "discovered" coal or rubber yet...
          - What's that?
          - It's a cannon fuse.
          - What's it for?
          - It's for my cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis
            removing jungle from a rubber/coal tile does not affect the resource, whether or not you have "discovered" coal or rubber yet...
            Is this also true for all resource items such as silk or spices, whether they are strategic, luxury, or consumable?

Comment

Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis
              Well I'm glad I found this out. I was intentionally leaving some forests uncut but I will no longer do this. This was also one reason why I didn't want to automate my workers.

Thanks.

Comment

I think that would be more realistic if the rubber disappear when you destroy the jungle. Maybe Firaxis should fix it in next patch.

Comment

yeah but it would be a great gamble. suppose you do not have rubber and all ai civs wipe the jungle out...tricky...innit?

Comment

Originally posted by PMLF
                    I think that would be more realistic if the rubber disappear when you destroy the jungle. Maybe Firaxis should fix it in next patch.
                    This would put the AI at a serious disadvantage. It cuts down all forests and jungles when it has the chance.

I also suspected that perhaps they didn't disappear after thinking they might when I noticed the AI did this.

Comment

I think its done this way to make sure resources are evenly distributed, if one dissapeared or appeared because of worker transformations it would upset the 'balance' of resource locations, they'd all be in the area where an unindustrial civ didn't clear the jungle, and not in the advanced civs area thats cleared nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X