X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Advice from Infogrames

Desperately looking for news of a patch I visited the following site:

and I found this piece of great advice:

"Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on."

Huh? I know they give you more food, but what do they mean extra tile?

-Alech
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

I am guessing he means Harbors, not ports
    Civ fan since 1993

Comment

I think it is an accidental posting of an internal Infogrammes memo. as in

.....we should Build Ports( to XBox, PS2,etc.) when possible. A port gives you (Infogrames) extra resources, as well as an extra tile (tile must be an infogrames pseudonym for a game buyer) for a unit (of the game) to stand on.

Just a thought.
      There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

LOL!

-Alech
        "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Several of those tips are misleading. I certainly wouldn't pay 99 cents a minute for that sort of rubbish. Another example of Infogrames preference for money over quality?

"Build a Courthouse as soon as you are able. This structure reduces corruption in whichever city it is built in." [except where distance factors have reduced the city to 1 shield no matter what it started at. They don't help there at all]

"Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." [???]

"Build cities near water." [Do you mean fresh water for irrigation or next to the sea for harbours?]

I'm awaiting the next classic tip "Buy MGE, its got your scenarios and patches in."
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
          X