floodplains suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floodplains suck!

Though they've been a boon in some circumstances, foodplains kind of suck. They generate alot of food with no irrigation, so that my pop grows faster than I an make them all happy. Plus the diease thing.
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Heck no! Get a nice city with flood plains (4 or 5) and hills (7 or 8) and you've got a PERFECT pre-industrial city! Sure, the odd person dies. I've seen it once in 8 long games.

Comment

I've had deaths from Jungles but I don't think I've had any from Flood Plains. But the occasional death now and then hardly registers in Flood Plain cities. They grow so fast the problem is unhappiness and sometimes low productivity from having so many Entertainers. At least they're a good source of Settlers and Workers.
      "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Floodplains are extremely useful. They free up your population that would otherwise be farming for shield production.

Yeah diseases happen but since they generate so much food you won't care, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Monoriu
          Yeah diseases happen but since they generate so much food you won't care, right?
          That's the mot callous thing I've ever heard! Those are real people you're talking about!

Bet you wouldn't be so happy about it if it had been some of your loved ones (well if you have any loved ones, something I doubt seeing how much value you put on human life.) falling to those strange diseases.
          -bondetamp
          The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
          -H. L. Mencken

Comment

That post right above this one was quite strange wasn't it?

Worrying about fake people
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by bondetamp

That's the mot callous thing I've ever heard! Those are real people you're talking about!
              NO, IT'S A GAME

JUST A GAME

I HATE YOU

Comment

Originally posted by bondetamp

Bet you wouldn't be so happy about it if it had been some of your loved ones (well if you have any loved ones, something I doubt seeing how much value you put on human life.) falling to those strange diseases.
                Oh, dear. You sound like my brother. He gets terribly upset when I rush build temples under despotism, saying that human bones and blood make for MUCH more emotionally charged temples. Plus it's so much more EFFICIENT. Though he's learning. He'll rush build in captured cities, he has no problems killing off people that aren't his. I'm working on him.

Comment

Flood Plain diseases will not occur after the dicovery of Sanitation

Comment

Originally posted by Grunthex

Oh, dear. You sound like my brother. He gets terribly upset when I rush build temples under despotism, saying that human bones and blood make for MUCH more emotionally charged temples. Plus it's so much more EFFICIENT. Though he's learning. He'll rush build in captured cities, he has no problems killing off people that aren't his. I'm working on him.

I never did understand the problem with killing imaginary numbers.

Especially in front mission 3 where you have to fight the Imaginary Numbers.

Comment

"That's the mot callous thing I've ever heard! Those are real people you're talking about!

Bet you wouldn't be so happy about it if it had been some of your loved ones (well if you have any loved ones, something I doubt seeing how much value you put on human life.) falling to those strange diseases. "

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHA

And yours was the most funny post I've seen in a while

Comment

Don’t feed the Trolls! Not even the Norwegian ones! Bondetamp = Red Neck...

Whops now I just feed it... oh well...

*walks away whistling*

Alech
                        "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Working...
                        X