I would prefer a Gold Edition with Multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would prefer a Gold Edition with Multiplayer

There seems to be so many problems with the SP version, I would prefer multiplayer to be released as a stand alone game with all the bugs and gameplay problems in the SP version fixed.

Thanks.

And to all those SPer's who said they wanted the game now and couldn't give damn about the interests of the Mper's I say
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

people have already paid big money for the SP editon, asking them to pay another $50 so that they could get rid of the bugs and play online is insane.
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Did they care about the mulitplayer community? Sod them.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Infogrames ='s money grubbing fools!

Comment

Kissinger once said "University politics are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small."

Replace that with "self-important debate on the part of people who represent a zillionth of a percent of video game sales" and you'll realize how appropriate and useful an "outraged tone" actually is.

Just my $ .02, and for the record I'd love MP and a prompt patch that gives us a real editor. But I'm not naive enough to fancy myself an Infogrames executive or even shareholder.

Comment

We're just havin fun here Jason - get with the program

Comment

Troll.
              Last edited by General Ludd; November 8, 2001, 00:10.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                Did they care about the mulitplayer community? Sod them.
                I like your style Horsey!!!

Comment

All those idiots who posted "i don't need MP", "i don't care about editors", we're having the last laugh on them.

Comment

If youre gonna get raped, may as well screw back a little...

Comment

I'm pretty annoyed that MP and (possibly) the editor are being held back just so they can be sold to us later, certainly.

I just have difficulty the people who immediately start forming a circle, shedding a single tear, and singing "we shall overcome" every time a computer game decision doesn't go their way. And of course the message-board-warrior syndrome only makes it worse.

Which may lead one to ask, what am I doing on the General forum that's reserved for anti-Firaxis ranting. Good question. Sucker for punishment.

Comment

SP Problems? Uhh... nothing critical though. I certainly wouldn't maintain that the current Civ3 incarnation is unworthy of purchase because of alleged SP problems.

Also, if the MP addon is like any normal addon, you'll NEED the original game. So :P Horsie.

Oh yeah, no stop typing already... the 'Gold Edition' will include both you say? Maybe, but not before 2003.

Comment

It would be a lot easier to deal with if we had more information.

Is there going to be a patch/addon/gold edition, if so what is going to be in it? Will it be free? If we could get answers to these questions, possibly from Infrogrammes, then at least we would know where we stand.
                          There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Working...
                          X