No Nuclear Plants if only salt water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Nuclear Plants if only salt water?

The civlopedia says you can build a nuclear plant if your city radius contains fresh or salt water... but I've yet to be able to build a nuclear plant if I only have "salt" water... Can anyone confirm this? And if so, what's wrong... the game or the civlopedia? (the game I hope)

Do you have a source of Uranium? I believe you need one to have Nuclear plants.

-JD

Comment

OH, sorry, read your question wrong. I assume you have been able to build them, just not next to salt water. Sorry.

-JD

Comment

the game is wrong of course

we would have had a hard time running the nuclear propulsion plants on my ship USS Enterprise if we couldn't use saltwater to condense steam used on main engines and SS turbine generators. . We'd only be able to operate in the great lakes

Comment

Yes I had Uranium, as a matter of fact the city that had the Uranium couldn't build a nuclear plant even though it was a costal city!

Comment

I noticed this too.

I also found out that you have to have a worker on a fresh water square to build one as well. One you have it built tho, you can move him off it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeLaC
              I noticed this too.

I also found out that you have to have a worker on a fresh water square to build one as well. One you have it built tho, you can move him off it.
              I don't know about that... I built quite a few w/o workers on fresh water squares... especially since a few cities only had LAKES not rivers.

Comment

this one deserves a bump - easy to overlook.

Comment

Working...
                X