Oh no...my saves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no...my saves...

I recently downloading Gramphos's latest version of his copy tool.

I copied the Tank, and decided to make a new unit. I did, but then thought I should wait until the final version. So I deleted the directory under art for the -copied unit only-, but when I try to load my game, it says "Error Reading File: c:/program files/infogrames/civilization3/saves/xerxesofthepersians...etc".

I didn't touch anything else, except deleting that one COPIED unit. What happened and how do I fix it, or will I forever lose the save?

If all else fails, try reinstalling the game.
    Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Just found out its my CURRENT saves, not ones I will make. It's a matter of losing my victory-in-the-making over the Greeks, and I was on year 1958A.D. *frowns*

So, can anyone suggest what "all else" is before I start a new game?

Comment

Can't you recreate the directory? Perhaps I don't understand the situation enough...
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I have no idea what's wrong. I started just a random game and saved it, and the save files look exactly the same. Maybe it's because I was researching Ecology, and that's what I set the unit's prequisite to be? Who knows. I'll just delete 'em and start a new game.

Comment

Bump

Comment

There is a Save Game Corruption thread in the Help forum. Check it out, it would appear it's not a totally rare thing (only seems to happen on larger maps, late game, someone theorizing (with good backup) that it has to do with civs being eliminated)

Comment

Working...
              X