Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Launching of Spaceship!!!!

Ahhhh....

Just a warning.... When you build the last component of the spaceship and go to the spaceship screen, you are FORCED to launch the spaceship, and then you immediately win!

There is no waiting period for you to land on Alpha Centauri - Game is just over.

There has to be an option for you to just leave the spaceship screen and not launch it until you are ready.....

ready for what? in Civ2, you could use that timespan to build up military for possible invasions, but apart from that, there's no reason to drag it out

of course, if it is still an advantage to wait longer and build up (score for citizens etc.), then there should be an option like that included... and now that I think about it... there's culture... so I take it all back

Comment

Building up doesnt change the score(significantly) since the final score is the average score you had in all the game's turns. So some increase in the last 10 turns wont add you more than a few points.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Eli, what you walking around with that girly avatar for?

Comment

Well there I was just building along, everything I could build until I took my tanks and blew away another civ... Imagine my surprise when I HAD to launch my spaceship.... It was just kinda shocking, cause I wasn't used to that

Comment

The turn before my spaceship was launched France who was one component behind me, declared war on me and we had a mutual agression pack (although she was annoyed with me. She didnt put up much of an offense of course all the other civs came to my defense. However when my turn came I was forced to launch my ship. I kinda wanted to hold a UN vote that turn cause it was just me and France up for the vote (I held a vote a couple turns back just to see what would happen and it was 2 to 4 France). I also wanted to crush France hehe. Anyway I would like to be able to launch the ship whenever I choose.
            Freedom without responsibility is Anarchy.

Comment

I wish there would be a way to win with multiple victories, like a space launch, diplomatic, and cultural victory. You would get extra points to your civilization score if you could pull it off.
              Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
                Eli, what you walking around with that girly avatar for?
                Hey, it works well for Rasputin
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                X