Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multiplayer

Originally posted by Delthayre
    I think this is part of the reason mp has been delayed.
    It's also the reason the most people you can find playing civ2 multiplayer has never been more then a couple dozen.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: Re: MULTIPLAYER will be imbalanced

Originally posted by KoalaBear33

I don't know how multiplayer was before but I imagine that alliances, trading and teamwork will finally be important.
      Obviously you don't know about multiplayer I wouldn't trust most of my MP partners as far as I could throw them.

And Osweld, there is a huge MP community for civ 2. I'd have at least 30 regular players just within my own circle.

I agree resources *could* be a problem but the bigger problem is the way Firaxis has customised the civs with special units etc. In civ 2 most MP games don't go through to the end, many are settled in one session off powergraph positions or other scoring methods. So starting positions and what units you have at the start can confer a huge advantage. By giving different civs different starting techs and units, Firaxis has damaged the level playing field.

Also, the slow tech rate at the start of the game is a huge problem for MP. We need to get civs up and running fast if we are to have enjoyable MP sessions.

Its just possible given what we know of the game thus far that Firaxis withdrew the MP support late in its development because they realised it was unplayable.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Unique Units & Civilization Bonuses/Techs can be turned off before starting a game (even without the editor).
        Slow tech rate can be changed with a mod in the editor.

Comment

Oh that's good news - we asked for that. Cheers.

(I can't get the game yet)
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
          X