Well, should I buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, should I buy it?

Could someone please tell me if the game AS STANDS is worth shelling out 50 bucks for? I am inclined not to buy it at this point because the price will go down, it has no true editor as yet, and it has no multiplayer capabilities. The last one really upsets me because I don't want to have to go out and buy a whole new copy of the game just to get Multiplayer capabilities. That really annoys me. So tell me if playing it is fun enough as it is. And what exactly CAN you do with the editor?
    "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Read the reviews, scour the forums... try it yourself.

Yes, it's fun and yes you may buy it. IMNSHO.

Comment

There is still some things you can do with the editor: changing a lot of the unit stats and game rules is possible. But I am not lying when I say the editor is definately lacking a lot of versatility.

Also, the game is a bit buggy still; but it is still quite playable and enjoyable.

You won't be hurting my feelings if you waited a couple of weeks.

Comment

Is it significantly better than Civ 2 or SMAC?
        "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek
          yes. no sleep factor is awesome. it really feels like empire building, not managing a coalition of cities.
          ai is really good. i had only one crash in 2 days of playing. i understand there are some bugs but i guess the patch is out by the end of november. civ2 was just as buggy when released and by 2.41 it was fine

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek
            In many ways, yes, in other ways -maybe not. But there may be a large personal preference involved. This is a game we're talking about after all.

Comment

Working...
            X