Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion on corruption

How about this for alternative to the current corruption system-
    Just put a cap on max corruption in a city. Say, 80% under despotisim, 70% under Monarchy, 60% Under Republic, and so on. That way, your distant cities would be very inefficient, but no matter how far flung your conquests, you'd always get SOMETHING out of them.

This "total corruption" business is just silly. That'd make sense in anarchy, or in a just captured, rebellious city. But right now, distance and # of cities are the only factors I'm aware of. Courthouses, the Capital, and the Forbidden Palace all have a pitifully small effect.

police stations, roads, military units, culture, happiness, and length of time under your control should all matter. A nation connected by railroads is going to be much more efficient than one with no roads at all. A nation with courts, laws, and police is going to function very differently than one without these things.

Bottom line, the current corruption system is woefully inadequate, and I don't see why it has to be that way. I don't see where it would take a major overhaul to make a patch that reflects these other factors. For those who like the "challenge", it could even be an optional addition to the game setup menu.

Well, someone at least post to disagree, and tell me why. I think it would be a fairly easy thing to do.

Comment

Working...
    X