bombers/fighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bombers/fighters

I just remembered; I was unable to upgrade my fighters to jet fighters and my bombers to stealth bombers. I had all the required resources (according to the manual and civilopedia) and they were in a city with an airport it just said "There is not a single fighter(bomber) that can be upgraded"
    What is up with that?!!

Also, the manual and strategy guide don't mention that to upgrade land units they must be in a city with a barracks; sea units with a harbor and i assume air units with an airport.
    Freedom without responsibility is Anarchy.

According to the rule sets in CivIII's editor:

The only aircraft you can upgrade is the Fighter (into Jet Fighters). But you also need aluminum to do that.
    Bombers can't be upgraded; and nothing upgrades into the stealth air-craft.

Comment

So the manual is wrong again when it says bombers can be upgraded to stealth bombers?

I had aluminum, 3 actually in my territory to upgrade the fighters, i had all that was required it still wouldnt let me.
      Freedom without responsibility is Anarchy.

Comment

well i had similar problems with my warriors early in game..
        later I had discovered that it was because I didnot have the required funds for the upgrade. maybe your problem is the same?

and to fraxis; it would better say "you dont have enough gold" instead of "you have no single .. that can be upgraded"

Comment

The Civilopedia says that you can't upgrade it ...

Playing game ... don't have time to read manual .. =)

Comment

Working...
          X