Maybe I'm missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'm missing something?

Okay - this might be a minor thing, but it means a lot in the early stages of the game:

If I build a road in a square next to my city, why doesn't the worker gain a movement bonus when moving back into the city?

I'm guessing that there is a river between the road and the city. Rivers take a turn to cross even with roads, untill you get engineering, at which time the roads will bridge the rivers.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

River...

No! Actually, there is a river nearby, but it is on the other side of the square where I built the road (not between the square and the city)...

Attached is the image of my city....
      Attached Files

Comment

I've noticed this too. And this occurs with no river. Don't want to say it's a bug, but I don't have an explanation.

Comment

(bump)

Has anyone else noticed this? Any explanation?

Comment

If there is no river, I have no idea, I don't recall ever experiencing this.
            Last edited by General Ludd; November 6, 2001, 21:16.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: River...

Originally posted by Framnk
              No! Actually, there is a river nearby, but it is on the other side of the square where I built the road (not between the square and the city)...

Attached is the image of my city....
              Look at the grid lines. From that BMP, I can see that square has a river in it. Thus until you get Engineering you will gain no movement bonus from that square.

Comment

that road doesn't really go through that river, but maybe it affects all squares that it touches, not just where the road crosses?
                Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Working...
                X