Overseas Colonies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas Colonies

Is it possible to build a colony overseas (on a different island) without building a city to connect it to?

I don't think so. You need a city with a harbour connect it with your capitol.

-Alech
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Great question!

I hope that this is possible to do, because, as an example, Portugal did this with Brazil, after our territory was "discovered" by them... In another words, Brazil, in its beggining, and before its Independence, was a colony exploited by Portugal.

Finding a resource overseas and being able to exploit it until a city or our border could reach it would be very nice!

Maybe a special kind of colony would be necessary, though.
      :::::::::::::
      Craftsman
      :::::::::::::

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
        Great question!

I hope that this is possible to do, because, as an example, Portugal did this with Brazil, after our territory was "discovered" by them... In another words, Brazil, in its beggining, and before its Independence, was a colony exploited by Portugal.

Finding a resource overseas and being able to exploit it until a city or our border could reach it would be very nice!

Maybe a special kind of colony would be necessary, though.
        well, in real life a colony is nothing but a city/town located far away from homeland..

Comment

Working...
        X