Culture groupings on random maps must go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culture groupings on random maps must go

The fact that you always tend to start from cultures in the same group as your (England next to France, China by Japan) is a great concept for a World Map. But NOT for a random map. Especially as it has been said AIs are more inclined to be 'nice' to same-culture civs.

What this means is every game I play as the french, I know the expansionist English will be around, snagging up my goodie huts with their evil scouts, And they'll be generally cordial to me when we meet, unless *I* start something.

Now if it was random, and my neighbours were the Aztecs and Zulus, I might have more to worry about. And at least I wouldn't KNOW what was coming.

Don't remove it! Allow it as an option for Random Maps.

Comment

Yes, random should be ... random. Though if you make it an option, nobody could ever complain.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
        Though if you make it an option, nobody could ever complain.
        and if you cant complain, what else is there in life?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Complaining about an option is silly. Complaining when you are cheated is healthy and helpful.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

what if the option is a rock or a hard place?

Comment

What if the option is 'radom civ placement' and 'paired civ placement'?

Comment

I wouldn't see a problem with that. As long as I have the option for true randomness. ALthough maybe 'grouped' instead of 'paired'

Comment

Re: Culture groupings on random maps must go

Originally posted by Grunthex
                  The fact that you always tend to start from cultures in the same group as your (England next to France, China by Japan) is a great concept for a World Map. But NOT for a random map. Especially as it has been said AIs are more inclined to be 'nice' to same-culture civs.

What this means is every game I play as the french, I know the expansionist English will be around, snagging up my goodie huts with their evil scouts, And they'll be generally cordial to me when we meet, unless *I* start something.

Now if it was random, and my neighbours were the Aztecs and Zulus, I might have more to worry about. And at least I wouldn't KNOW what was coming.
                  Easy answer: Go into editor. Set every civ to the same culture group. Save changes. Exit. Play game.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Minor problems: That leaves all civs with the same graphics, somewhat boring, and since civs are more inclined to be nice to civs of the same culture group, there'll be LESS fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X