Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone managed to play the game at different resolutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone managed to play the game at different resolutions?

I have tried exactly as it is said in README.txt : I put "Video Mode=1280" into civilization3.ini. No reaction. The game restarts exactly the same way. I have tried different resolutions, and even put this line into different places of the ini file: no success.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Did anyone tried this? Answer please....
    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

try this

I play the game at my destop resolution, which is 1400 by 1050. To accomplish this I added the line 'KeepRes=1' to the Civilization3.ini file.

If you run your desktop at 1280 resolution, that should work.
      ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Yeah! It worked with KeepRes! thanx! However I wonder why it does not work with Video Mode?
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

It worked with mine with the keepres=1, which made the display a lot better but I too was unable to get the videomode thing to work.
          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Working...
          X