X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these dots?

What are these dots suppose to mean?
    Attached Files

Quickly guess: You have established embassies with those nations?

Comment

Yup --embassies
      "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

Yep, I established embassies. Thanks.

Comment

Hey! I have the dots, but I don't get ANY of the lines showing up between leaders (peace lines, etc.) I thought this was a bug or something. Also, when playing 16 civs, only 8 show up and there's no way to look at the other 8, even if you kill off some of the origially showing ones... I KNOW that must be a bug.

Has anyone else had problems with lines not showing up between the leaders for alliances, peace, etc? The picture posted clearly shows it's working for Freezuch.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Apolex
            Hey! I have the dots, but I don't get ANY of the lines showing up between leaders (peace lines, etc.) I thought this was a bug or something. Also, when playing 16 civs, only 8 show up and there's no way to look at the other 8, even if you kill off some of the origially showing ones... I KNOW that must be a bug.

Has anyone else had problems with lines not showing up between the leaders for alliances, peace, etc? The picture posted clearly shows it's working for Freezuch.
            Thanks.
            If you look at the readme file it tells you how to view other civs in the foreign advisor screen (SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK).

As to the lines - you can click for the lines to be included in the box on the righthand side of the screen.
            'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Originally posted by SITS

If you look at the readme file it tells you how to view other civs in the foreign advisor screen (SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK).
              Okay good deal...thanks!

As to the lines - you can click for the lines to be included in the box on the righthand side of the screen.
              I have done that in every way possible, and the lines still don't show up. I've checked and unchecked those boxes over and over and can't get any lines...

Comment

That advisor screen is buggy as all get out. Even when you start with less than 8 players. I started with five in one game, couldn't see two of the circles at all. Could still click on em, but thats it.

Next game i started two of the circles were blue. completly. WTF?

this thing is loaded with blatant bugs.
                By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

this thing is loaded with blatant bugs
                  Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't get the annoying bugs and crashes in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Apolex

I have done that in every way possible, and the lines still don't show up. I've checked and unchecked those boxes over and over and can't get any lines...
                    You should be sure to have the latest OpenGL drivers installed for your graphics card. that screen, as well as other advisor screens, use OpenGL and if OpenGL is not present, not only will you lack lines, but you will experience major slowdowns.

-- Patrick Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Dawson

You should be sure to have the latest OpenGL drivers installed for your graphics card. that screen, as well as other advisor screens, use OpenGL and if OpenGL is not present, not only will you lack lines, but you will experience major slowdowns.

-- Patrick Dawson
                      Yeah I tried that... still no lines, WTF. I have the boxes checked and definitely have peace and war with some of the civs there, so it should be showing something. Must be a bug...but with only my copy??? GRRRRRrrrr.
                      Attached Files

Comment

You need to click on the civ. that you want to view the relationships for.
                        "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

Originally posted by Bane
                          You need to click on the civ. that you want to view the relationships for.
                          Nope that doesn't work either. Thanks for trying to help though Bane. Anybody else have any ideas? Pleezze...
                          Thnx.

Comment

What video card do you have?
                            Are you sure they use the latest drivers?
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              What video card do you have?
                              Are you sure they use the latest drivers?
                              Yeah I made sure I have the latest drivers installed... I just don't get *ANY* lines between leaders at all, no matter what I try. I wonder if I should try reinstalling? Hmmm. Other ideas... anybody.

Thanks

PS: Grrrr... I'm getting this "Server too busy" message WAY too much these days here at this forum. It took me 15 tries so far to get this through.

Comment

Working...
                              X