Guess what? I'm playing using DX7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what? I'm playing using DX7

I just bought Civ3. And when asked during installation if I wanted to install directx8, I said NO.

And the game loaded perfectly - and so far plays wonderfully.

I'm on my Dell laptop with GeForce2Go graphics - and everything looks clean and clear. Music and sounds are great. Beautiful graphics.

I am really happy. I may put DX8 on later, but I wanted to see if I could play just using DX7 as I was unsure about DX8.

Why do you suppose it plays so well on DX7? Of course I have just been playing the tutorial - and maybe there is something later that may require DX8 and the game may crash. But not yet!

Any ideas?

sboog

I think it's for the same reason that Civ2MP and ToT can be played under Win NT4. Anyone tried to run Civ3 on NT btw? I'm curious if it works.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
    X