Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Um, I am confused about the need/use of aqueducts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, I am confused about the need/use of aqueducts.

Ok, before people jump all over this, let me explain. I am playing as the Persians(natch), and have 2 very interesting cities. My capital has a 12 pop, and has no aqueduct. It is on a plain square, with cattle on it, but how is it that I have no need of an aqueduct? I thought it was a necessity to get above 6 pop. Same goes for I believe my second city, which is a coastal city, and is on a regular plain tile. Now, it is possible both are on river squares , although as the river squares do not run through squares, it makes me curious as to why I have been so fortuitous.

I hope this is in the right forum, if not, I can delete it, move it to whichever one is the correct one. Thanks
    Hey, whas tha pointy thing, and why is it sticking in the ground? And why is there a human head on it... Oh damn.

I wondered about this too, because some cities needed
    and other didn't. Then I discovered it.

Cities on a river don't need them. Makes sense really.

Jim
    - Jim

Comment

if any of your city radius squares are adjacent to a river, or fresh water lake, you do not need an aquaduct

Comment

Wow, thanks. Now I know where to situate my cities. Talk about a major bonus.
        Hey, whas tha pointy thing, and why is it sticking in the ground? And why is there a human head on it... Oh damn.

Comment

Working...
        X