Coastal Fortresses Not Attacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastal Fortresses Not Attacking

Hey, the Civilopedia specifically says that a coastal fortress automatically attacks enemy ships going by, right? What's the deal, I haven't seen it yet. And I got the English Armada crawling all over my shores. Is this a bug? I thought they were supposed to fire at every enemy ship that came in range.

Are you at war with the English? I can't recall seeing one fire offhand, but I know that if you're not at war, your fortress won't start one, similar to land fortresses.

Comment

Oh yes, definitely at war with the English... in fact the ships they sent over dropped off a bunch of annoying little spearmen, which my cavalry had to promptly clean up. But my coastal fortresses didn't fire at any of their ships, even though they passed (and ended turns) directly next to my cities. Has anyone out there seen their fortresses fire yet at passing enemy ships?

Comment

What do you wanna bet that AI Coastal Fortresses work fine, and it's the same bug that is preventing Air Superiority fighters from ever intercepting AI bombers?

Comment

Re: Coastal Fortresses Not Attacking

This problem "on not blasting the enemy from the fortresses" really bugged me.

Originally posted by Apolex
          Hey, the Civilopedia specifically says that a coastal fortress automatically attacks enemy ships going by, right? What's the deal, I haven't seen it yet. And I got the English Armada crawling all over my shores. Is this a bug? I thought they were supposed to fire at every enemy ship that came in range.

Comment

I've definetly seen it happen, one of my battleships was sunk by it...
            Regards,
            Michael Heilemann

Comment

Yeah, that's just like enemy fighters will shoot down bombers but yours won't. To clarify, has anyone seen one of YOUR Coastal Fortresses take free shots at the AI?

Comment

I think I saw one of my catapults automatically bombard from within a city. Either that, or it was sleep deprivation.

Comment

Maybe you need to fortify artillery or somethign else that can bombard.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                    Maybe you need to fortify artillery or somethign else that can bombard.
                    I have the same suspicion. Fortress by itself cannot fire!
                    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                    X