No announcement yet.

Does anybody else thinks that speed of the gameflow hits the most on the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody else thinks that speed of the gameflow hits the most on the game

I like Civ III and I will really love it after they fix the minor bugs, interface and the other obvious neglected things. But I just can't have 30-60 second delay between each turn.
    I started at first with 16 civs, then tried 12 now 10 but still its gets slow at the middle-industrial age.
    Why, why does that happen. Civ II didn't have such problems even in the end of the game.

My comp. just in case:
    PIII 666 (ok its said 667 but the only reason they wrote 7 is... u know )
    128MB RAM
    Voodoo 3 16MB
    20G HD

Anyway. I still didn't try the traditional 8 civ because it takes me all day to get to industrial age so I didn't have time. Anybody else, is it much better in 8 civ game compared to 10-12?

Re: Does anybody else thinks that speed of the gameflow hits the most on the game

Originally posted by RedWhiteArcher
    I like Civ III and I will really love it after they fix the minor bugs, interface and the other obvious neglected things. But I just can't have 30-60 second delay between each turn.
    I started at first with 16 civs, then tried 12 now 10 but still its gets slow at the middle-industrial age.
    Why, why does that happen. Civ II didn't have such problems even in the end of the game.

My comp. just in case:
    128MB RAM
    Voodoo 3 16MB
    20G HD

Anyway. I still didn't try the traditional 8 civ because it takes me all day to get to industrial age so I didn't have time. Anybody else, is it much better in 8 civ game compared to 10-12?
    Performance issues are related more to World Size than to the number of civs. As with most strategy games, most of the AI work ends up being in the pathfinding, and pathfinding time grows exponentially as World Size increases. In fact, Huge maps were originally 200x200, but that was deemed too slow....
    - What's that?
    - It's a cannon fuse.
    - What's it for?
    - It's for my cannon.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try not to play on huge maps next time I decide to spend 2 days in a row doing nothing useful

Comment

Re: Does anybody else thinks that speed of the gameflow hits the most on the game

Originally posted by RedWhiteArcher
        My comp. just in case:
        Yes, I know, it's because it's not really 666 either, it's actually 666.666... and when they rounded off they got 667.

John-SJ

Comment

Working...
        X