A civ and it's neighbours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A civ and it's neighbours...

Hm... I've played a couple of games through the first ten-twenty turns as the Egyptians on a random map with random AI-civs and every time my neighbours were the Romans and the Greeks. It happened every time so it's not a matter of chance...A lot of the surprise is gone this way...

Am I the only one who thinks this should be corrected in Firaxis' first patch?
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Sounds like that the generator that puts down the random civs is biased to place Civs that have in RL history been neighbours near each other.
    Sounds too appropriate to be a bug, though it is still a feature that if not removed, should be optional.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Civs start out in rl "cultural" geography. Theyre grouped in the styles u can use when expanding your palace.. greco-roman, native american, middle east, far east, and i think theres another one.. so yeah, youll always start out next to the same civs...
      I WANT MULTIPLAYER DAMNIT!

Comment

Why not just edit it? Put them all in the same cultural group.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Civs that have the same architecture also tend to get placed on the map near each other and are supposed to be nicer to each other. But though I'm in the same group as the Zulus, they treat me like crap.

Comment

Those Zulu are mean buggers.

Comment

I agree the civilizations should not ALWAYS start next to their same culture types, which I've seen too. It makes every game too predictable on who you'll be meeting & talking to. It should be an option, not something you should have to go into the editor for!

Comment

Working...
              X