No announcement yet.

Computer Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AI-controlled civs most definitely fight. I've only played two games (Regent), but both have featured big-time wars. In the first, the Persians got way ahead of everyone and two military alliances (basically everyone but the weakie -- me) jumped on them, with everyone declaring war in a couple of turns. In my current game, the Egyptians and Romans have been going at it tooth and nail. I should know, as I'm right between them, watching the parades past my capital.

It helps to station a few troops along the parade route to block them out. At least the AI will go around.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
      Especially annoying is when the AI builds a city on that one square in the middle of your empires that isn't within your borders, which takes away some of the squares that you could have worked. This really should be considered an act of war.
      If it´s really just one square, a fortified military unit might help. Otherwise, make sure that your borders expand fast enough or found your next city a little bit closer.
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

He goes to war like he should. Not sure that he does in on small maps, I always play huge.
        If you were in my movie...

Comment

I finished two games so far:

1) Civ2 Earth map, 16 Civs:
          The AI civs weren't fighting amongst themselves until I decided to attack the Americans, after that everybody on the same continent started fighting for a while until the Americans were wiped out.

2) Civ2 Earth map, 8 Civs:
          I was alone in the Americas and didn't make contact with any other civs until 1600 AD or so. When I did, I found out all the civs had peace treaties with each other, and each civ had 2 right of passage agreements with others, except the Egyptians who were a bit isolated in Australia; they just had peace treaties with everyone.

Again, the AI civs didn't start fighting amongst themselves until I invaded Babylon and allied with the Aztecs...
          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

This worked for me, to keep you borders working i realised that culture is really important then they respect you.

About wars and stuff difficulty seem important.. I play Regent and I have alliances and wars.

/Mathias

Comment

Originally posted by Akron

PLEASE Firaxis, make it an act of war if the AI moves back into your territory if you've told it in the last ten turns not to.
              Good idea...perhaps we should even extend it? Make it an act of war for any military unit to enter into enemy territory if it is not already in enemy territory.

I don't mind workers building trade connections, but I've seen that be considered hostile once.

Comment

The AI will fight each other. I played 8 civs normal random world. On replay, 4 civs had captured cities from other civs through combat. Two civs were at war with a third and fourth civ when I discovered them. One civ attacked me after my culture converted one of his cities. (He lost another for his trouble and sued for peace.) This all in my first, "test" game on the lowest level. So the AIs will fight. (I was aztecs (2 wars), the others were Iriquois (1 war), Americans (0), British (2), Germans (2), Russians (2), Egyptions (1), and Rome (1). And these are only the wars I know about. I noted they don't stay at war if the actual fighting stops. I also noted they don't trade much among each other. At least this is so at the Chieftain level.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I just played a 16 Player game, i was ALLLL Alone on the Americas.

Before id even made contact w/ 1 Civ on the rest of the planet, a message popped up saying *or maybe i'd only made contact w/ 1* "The Germans have Destroyed the French"

So i can say that they DEFINATLY do attack other people
                  Stop . Learn . Adjust . Strke

Comment

Working...
                  X