How do you get rid of a city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get rid of a city?

Realizing that this incredible and unrealistic rate of corruption is something done on purpose by those a-holes at Firaxis, I will attempt to circumvent it. However, having a negative budget and over 60 cities already (I'm estimating) by conquoring a couple of nations on my continent, I'm in a bit of trouble. I would like to salvage this game, even though it looks like conqouring the world through military conquest isn't possible anymore on a standard size map, I will attempt to win by space age. I am already way ahead of everyone else technologically, I only need to know how to get rid of a lot of these excess cities. How do I get rid of a city that I've already conquored, spilled money into, even routed luxuries to and have my citizens completely happy (and yet, still only 1 production unit is available, challenge my ass, that's just plain stupid). These cities have already reached size of 12 and I hope I won't have to keep building settlers.

Re: How do you get rid of a city?

Originally posted by imgod2u
    Realizing that this incredible and unrealistic rate of corruption is something done on purpose by those a-holes at Firaxis.
    Well, aren't you just a little sassy

the only way to get rid of cities without razing them is to give them away.

Jut give them away. You can then reconquer them at your leisure, then raze them.

Comment

I have a peace treaty with everyone, and barbarians no longer conquor cities. You're telling me there's no way to get rid of a city I already have? What would the point be to playing on a huge map anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by imgod2u
        You're telling me there's no way to get rid of a city I already have?
        No, he is telling you that you can give them to another civ.

What would the point be to playing on a huge map anyway?
        Enough room for 16 civs.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

And military conquest virtually impossible.

Comment

imgod2u
            over 60 cities already
            The shocking rate of corruption you describe, among other things,
            was meant to counter ICS.

Are You still using your old civ 2 strategies? The civ 3 game
            mechanics are different with greater emphasis on single city
            development and infrastructure than simply sprawling to victory.

Does anyone know if a high culture rating combats corruption?

Comment

In fact MILITARY VICTORY, is possibile. Not all cities have enormous corruption, but it is more difficult.

Perosnallty, I think that WASTE PRODUCTION from corruption should be toned down, so you could have large empire wich a decent production, but stagnating scxience & economy (is USSR sound familiar).

Comment

Other alternative would be a small empire with great economy & science but a low production, becouse of small number of cities compated to big empires.

Comment

Getting rid of a city
                  remove all workers from fields, make them tax collectors
                  Build settlers
                  disband city
                  vini vidi vici

Comment

You cannot build a settler if the pop. is less than 3. I tried.

Comment

Working...
                    X