Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave

That is cool, so in teh end game armies all around
    Apparently you can only have one army for every 4 cities (can't remember where I read this). I havent' tested this but if it's true, armies aren't going to be as common as you imagine...

KoalaBear33

Comment

It seems from what I have read that you can only form armies (and fleets or air wings?) sometimes, when the game engine sees fit to grant you a Leader.
      Armies can only be made of ground forces. No naval or air armies- at least according to the manual and i havent tried otherwise.

Comment

Yep, methinks you're right Koala...I just built that Military Academy and realized an army costs 400 shields. To put that into context, it's the same amount of shields as the Pyramids.

And about the four city per army rule, you're right there too. Says so in the Civilopedia.

Comment

I haven't had any problems getting the first leader.

Though I've had tons of problems otherwise.

Damn cavalry. How exactly are they slaughtering my infantry? attack 6 vs def 10? argh
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

. If you had 30 combats

I forget who said that, but actaully this could make ense, now if you faught 30 combats with JUST 1 unit and he survied them all, yea, he should be a leader

But, It hink my next game I am going to play with romans. That away I can hopfeully suvrive militarily wise.

Comment

Nope Had a rumble with the English and conquered them (I was sharing a continent with them). I had a few elite units battling away but none of them ever got a leader.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You can only build armies in the city with the Military Academy. And they are the equivalent of Small Wonders. It would difficult to build many of them.

Comment

Working...
                X