The replay for god's sake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The replay for god's sake!

Assuming someone has finished a game and got the option of the replay feature, how is it?

How detailed are your accomplishments and screw ups desplayed in the «book»?

It's great!

Too long to explain, and I dont know the words for some of the stuff we see there.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Just resign from a game and see for your self.

Comment

He doesnt have the game.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Yup, it doesn't ship to Europe before 16 Nov

Comment

Europeans cannot purchase the game until the 16th of november. Although that doesn't mean some of us can't PLAY the game right now. Right, Eli?
            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RedWhiteArcher
                Wow, the server must be really slow today.

Comment

In a word (so far): AWESOME! Very well done on this one, Firaxis! I'll try attach a good image for you.
                  Attached Files
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

You'll notice the play bar. You can just watch it like a movie ... and as each event (like founding of a city) occurs, a pop up explains it and points to it on the map. There's also a power bar (those colored bars) indicating the civs against each other. You can select to view it by Power, Score or Culture.

Great stuff. I enjoy these kinds of things.

NOW: If we could only watch the ACTUAL game in replay. Can that be made possible?
                    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Eli, ROTFL

CAPTVK, yup we can, I'm actually testing my limits on this issue these days

Thanks for the image Yin
                      (BTW, you can never be too happy can you )

Comment

Is this Yins twin brother or did he just say civ3 was awesome?

At least you've finally come to realise its a great thing firaxis have been doing these last 2 years Yin.. I have to say i've been worried about if civ3 could be better or improve enough on civ2 , I wonder if these new ideas were always ideas of sid meiers or where they came from.. The Resource system is genius.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                          NOW: If we could only watch the ACTUAL game in replay. Can that be made possible?
                          Who's going to want to watch a 16 hour replay?
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Admiral: Well, I'm still in that giddy first few hours. I reserve the right to become less giddy.

16 hour replay: Of course, you'd need a time mechanism. But think about this: We could share our saved games with each other and watch OTHER players in action. This was a most cool feature in other games.

Question: Does anybody know how to move an entire stack at once? I can't find that in the manual.

Comment

Working...
                            X