Looks like MP is possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like MP is possible?

as I was screwign around, I came across something in the root of where civ 3 installs. It's called jackal.txt and it's error codes and MP stuff. does anyone know how this is suppose to work?

Here's how it works:

1) You identify the bugs

2) In a few weeks they'll put out the first patch

3) Repeat step one, and two several times until one party is satisfied.

4) Firaxis issues new product for multiplayer in several months.

5) Repeat step one, two, and three.

Comment

Check out the legal in the back of the manual. It mentions playing on MSN Gaming Zone and a bunch of other things about multiplayer. Maybe we just have "unlock" it like adding units in the editor I don't have my manual here at work or i'd give you page number and a quote.

civ on.

baetis

Comment

Originally posted by baetis
        Check out the legal in the back of the manual. It mentions playing on MSN Gaming Zone and a bunch of other things about multiplayer. Maybe we just have "unlock" it like adding units in the editor I don't have my manual here at work or i'd give you page number and a quote.

civ on.

baetis
        here's what they write about internet features in the legal part of the readme.txt file

INTERNET-BASED PLAY; CHAT: This Software may include Internet-play features. If You choose to use such features, You will need to access the Internet. The Software or Documentation may also suggest links to certain Software-related web sites, including web sites operated by Infogrames Interactive or third parties. Your access to web sites operated by Infogrames Interactive is subject to the terms of use and privacy policies of such web sites. Children should check with a parent or guardian before accessing the Internet, including without limitation any chat function, on-line "arcade," or em@il Game. Internet game play may occur through one or more independent gaming or other web sites (each a "Web Site"), including without limitation the MSN Gaming Zone run by the Microsoft Corporation. Infogrames Interactive does not review or control, and disclaims any responsibility or liability for, the functioning and performance of any Web Site, the terms of use of any Web Site, the privacy policies of any Web Site, and any content on or available via a Web Site, including, without limitation, links to other web sites and comments or other contact between users of a Web Site. Infogrames Interactive does not endorse the Web Sites merely because a link to the Web Site is suggested or established. Infogrames Interactive does not monitor, control, endorse, or accept responsibility for the content of text or voice chat messages, if applicable, transmitted through the use of the Software. Use of the chat function, or other content or services of any Web Site is at Your own risk. You are strongly encouraged not to give out identity or other personal information through chat transmissions.

looks like it was really planned to have a MP version... probably some bloody bugs...

Comment

What you probably saw was the preperations for the MP game menu. Look through Game.txt from CivII. Similar, eh?
          "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
          "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
          "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Check out this thread.

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
            X