Automated workers - What's the deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated workers - What's the deal?

My question is about automated workers. Does anybody here use them and if so do you find they are actually doing what you wante them too?

Im my last 2 games I used automated workers only sparingly. That is to clean up pollution but for the most part I manually did all of the construction around my Cities. Anyway my impression is that they are still pretty dumb, they will go all the way across your continent to clear up pollution when there is pollution right next to them. Anyway I have not experimented with them too much, does anyone else here use them and if so what are your impressions and any tips too.

I have found that when I set them to only do things in the city radius that they are in (SHIFT-I), they do a great job.
    "The media don't understand the kind of problems and pressures 54 million come wit'!"

Comment

Thanks, as soon as I can get through today at work, I will go home and try this tonight.

Comment

Can the This City Only command Shift-I be combined with the other automated worker commands, like the Without Altering Preexisting Improvements command Shift-A?

Comment

Wow I didn't know about those commands. I should read the book!

Comment

Working...
          X