Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yin has Civ3!: Let the testing begin ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just one thing, yin (for you know i do care about your opinion, even if it only gets out to put you in the limelight )
    do you enjoy playing it?
    i do

Comment

• Well, it has that 'just one more turn feeling' -- unfortunately often just to replay some turns to avoid something I don't like and should have been fixed. That's a tricky answer, eh?

I plan to review the game a bit more harshly than did Korn, but I share his conclusion that the right patching could result in an amazing game.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
        Well, it has that 'just one more turn feeling' -- unfortunately often just to replay some turns to avoid something I don't like and should have been fixed.
        hehe, cheater

Comment

• In my chieftain game right now, i somehow reached 1000+ culture by 400bc.

Right, in 800AD, i sending two galleys, one after the other, with Warrior or Longbowman with a settler to the northern part of the map, from my southern territories. Sure corruption may go rampaent up there, but where they are going as two horses and two irons close together Also, if those galleys were Caravels, they would be at their destination by now...as galleys can't go deep sea, so they need to go all around to the Romans northern coasts to jump to the continent with the resources, then go all along that coast north-west wise to finally plot my settlers. WOuld seriously be annoyed if barbarians or abnother civ showed out of nowhere and killed my galleys

May aswell get asap, before one of the comp does. Besides, my northern Roman neighbour as Iron and making his darn Legionaires. So can't have his low-cultured, low-tech society kick my but whenever he decides to get into war with me. Only resources i have home wise is 4 Gems and 2 Dyes
          Before going to bed last night, started trading a Gem resource for Roman Horses. And now building bunch of horseman

Economy rules and have enough gold support hoot of a large army for 50 to 100 turns.

-LMP
          Last edited by Guest; November 7, 2001, 09:32.

Comment

• Well, that's one of the REALLY frustrating things: "Oh, sure. Sorry. We'll remove them" -- on the FAR side of your civ, that is! I think the AI looks into your territory and if it isn't several squares deep, it feels it can cut across you.
            I've heard lots of people comlpain about this and I did notice it... until I hit the Industrial Age (or maybe Nationalism..) that is...

You see in my game the other civs I was neutral with (no Right of Passage) couldn't enter my borders. So what I think is that

Before Industrial Age (maybe nationalism)
            Everyone crosses everyone's borders with the only penalty coming from diplomacy menu.

After Industrial Age (maybe nationalism)
            Without a Right of Passage Agreement I cannot cross your border, it doesn't matter how many times I try, it ain't happenin'. BUT if we go to war or sign an agreement we can cross borders.

At least that's how it's worked for me so far. Truth be told, that's how it was in real life for the most part. There just wasn't any way to make sure that the yokels from America didn't go traipsing off and start fighting a war (i.e. Teddy Roosevelt before he was Pres.). So this actually makes the game a whole lot more realistic.

Anybody else see similar things happen?
            I never know their names, But i smile just the same
            New faces...Strange places,
            Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
            -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

• First game, Monarch, I was ignominiously forced to retire around 1000AD: 383 points. Learned a lot, though.

Second game, Regent, doing very well (for now). Some rules are counter-intuitive, but may make a lot of sense. I plan to write a review, but only after I have beaten the game at Emperor (without save/reload). This may take a lot of time, however, so don´t expect my review anytime soon.
              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Working...
              X