Beakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beakers?

Do beakers produced actually effect the time until discovery?

It's early, 3850 BC and I'm researching Bronze Working. At 5.5.0, I get one beaker a turn meaning discovery is 26 turns away.

When I drop to 8.2.0, I get "Bronze Working (--turns)"; discovery will never happen. Makes sense to me because I'm producing 0 beakers.

However, when I switch to 1.9.0, Bronze Working still 26 turns away. I just doubled my beakers per turn (one -> two), but I don't seem to benefit.

Does the government type affect this? Is this a "display" bug? i.e. discovery really will be in 13 turns? Or is something else going on?

I'm going to experiment, but I thought I'd start this thread just to get your thoughts.

Thanks.

- TT

Re: Beakers?

Originally posted by ToeTruck
    Do beakers produced actually effect the time until discovery?

It's early, 3850 BC and I'm researching Bronze Working. At 5.5.0, I get one beaker a turn meaning discovery is 26 turns away.

When I drop to 8.2.0, I get "Bronze Working (--turns)"; discovery will never happen. Makes sense to me because I'm producing 0 beakers.

However, when I switch to 1.9.0, Bronze Working still 26 turns away. I just doubled my beakers per turn (one -> two), but I don't seem to benefit.

Does the government type affect this? Is this a "display" bug? i.e. discovery really will be in 13 turns? Or is something else going on?

I'm going to experiment, but I thought I'd start this thread just to get your thoughts.

Thanks.

- TT
    This is not a bug although I can certainly see why it appears to be one. There is a limit to the maximum amount of time it takes to research a tech (32 turns), and the difference between 1 and 2 beakers is not enough to move the research time below the maximum.

For example, if Bronze Working cost 100 beakers, it would take 100 turns if you were producing 1 lab/turn and 50 turns if you were producing 2 labs/turn. However, since it can never take longer than 32 turns, it doesn't matter how many labs you produce. Does that all make sense?
    - What's that?
    - It's a cannon fuse.
    - What's it for?
    - It's for my cannon.

Comment

This is being discussed at length in the appropriate forum, Civ3-Strategy...

Comment

Thanks Soren,

I appreciate the response. And thanks Steve, I'll be switching over to the strategy forum.

- TT

Comment

Working...
        X