don't fortify within city screen!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't fortify within city screen!!

unlike civ2 and others, if your last active unit is fortified while you have the city screen open, and the automaticaly end turn option is on, the game gets stuck there and you then need to ctrl alt tab.

It's happened to me a few times now always by accident. Last time I waited a good 30 minutes just too see if I would regain control, but no.

so now you've all been warned

edit: i mean ctrl alt delete, not tab

This is just a bit of curiosity, but if you had to edit it to correct your mistake, why didn't you just correct the mistake instead of telling us it was a mistake and what the correct statement should have been?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcastro
      This is just a bit of curiosity, but if you had to edit it to correct your mistake, why didn't you just correct the mistake instead of telling us it was a mistake and what the correct statement should have been?
      well i've just seen others do it that way.

anyway has anyone else been through this? it's a real pain, maybe theres a key to get out of the trap? I tried all teh function keys, etc.

Comment

nope
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by smellymummy

anyway has anyone else been through this? it's a real pain, maybe theres a key to get out of the trap? I tried all teh function keys, etc.
          I haven't encoutered it, fortunately. What are your system specs?

Marc

Comment

I have been able to fortify from the city screen quite a few times, without any problems.

Comment

There is definitely a lockup bug in there somewhere, the same thing happened to me. I'll mess around and see if I can repeat it. Maybe at the beginning of a test game with few units.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                I have been able to fortify from the city screen quite a few times, without any problems.
                Read carefully, he was talking about the last active unit.

Comment

Bah you n00bz play without "Pause at End of Turn" enabled? :P

Comment

Working...
                  X