Battle resuls a little to random

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle resuls a little to random

Maybe if units would have a little more HP?
    like regular 6 HP,
    Veteran 8 HP,
    Elite 10HP,
    Conscript 4 HP

Can this be done in the editor?

If can, we should also ask FIRAXSIS to change these values in new PATCH, too.

Re: Battle resuls a little to random

Originally posted by player1
    Maybe if units would have a little more HP?
    like regular 6 HP,
    Veteran 8 HP,
    Elite 10HP,
    Conscript 4 HP
    Why do you say this? What type of strange battle results did you get?
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Just look, some other threads:
      -like needing 3 privaters to sink a galley,
      -warriors beat fortified spearmen
      -etc..

P.S. It didn't happend to me I just read the post

Comment

Just as a note here, Privateers are ridiculous to begin with. Attack and defense values of 1 are laughable on the sea. Waste of resources if you ask me.

LR

Comment

So it should be changed it PATCH (to attack of 2)

Comment

I don't have the game YET but I am curious to see how often these weird results occur. Hopefully, not too often.
            "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
            "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

So it should be changed it PATCH (to attack of 2)
              I was wondering if you can edit units with the editor. I know you can't add units but can you change them?

Comment

Agreed. That's definitely one of the things that should be tweaked in the patch. Whether it will or not we'll just have to wait and see. If not, there's always the editor which can at least do that.

LR

PS. Yeah, you can edit them.

Comment

I hope is is not like Activision (CTP), wich made patch or two &
                  didn't fixed any unbalances. Nowdays these games (CTPs) are ONLY player MODED (if played at all).

Comment

Just look, some other threads:
                    -like needing 3 privaters to sink a galley,
                    -warriors beat fortified spearmen
                    -etc..

P.S. It didn't happend to me I just read the post

i have fought several battles.. in my opinion, battle results strictly follow statistical odds.. even more than you want..

by the way.. is there a way to view attack/defend strengths prior to battles (like in the SMAC).. i read the manual but didnot see anything like that?

Comment

I certainly think an "all factors" attack v defence strength comparison pop up before battle would dispel a lot of these allegations about non-statistical combat results. It is easy to see 3 v 2 and expect a win when in fact the real odds are 3 v 6 and the defender has more hit points from being elite too.
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                      X