No announcement yet.

Privateers have been robbed! nuke subs too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think the manual sucks big time!
    The manual always has the same problem as the first strategy guide; it's based on a two month old build of the game.

After all, you can crank out 500,000 CDs in a weekend, but printing and binding 500,000 manuals; that's a different story. So the manual has to be finished and printed much earlier than the actual game.

Comment

I think we should all get a patch to the manuall

Index is way off. I tried to look up movement points on the railroad (in case they changed from CIV2) and index said look on page 115 - page 115 was talking about totaly unrelated thing...
      Shame and Shame again!

As for the game.
      1) Great AI!!!!! Much better than in other installements
      2) A little to moderetly buggy - I was expecting this - waiting for the patch.
      3) Why is it some cities grow to size 12 without aquaduct and others can't?
      4) Reasearch takes a zilion years!
      5) Need better placement of civs on the map. I was paying a huge map and got stuck with 3 civs on the same island just big enough for 5 non overlaping cities.

Comment

Word to the wise: README.TXT

The Privateer has a special ability, that's why it is so expensive compared to normal units.

I think they chose unit stats carefully, but then again they did change stuff in Civ2 patches (Cruise Missiles for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanho
          I think we should all get a patch to the manuall

Index is way off. I tried to look up movement points on the railroad (in case they changed from CIV2) and index said look on page 115 - page 115 was talking about totaly unrelated thing...
          Shame and Shame again!

As for the game.
          5) Need better placement of civs on the map. I was paying a huge map and got stuck with 3 civs on the same island just big enough for 5 non overlaping cities.
          1. Agreed.
          2. Haven't noticed anything I'd consider a bug in my games. One crash when a city revolted back to me and I clicked "Install Governor", but that's it.
          3. Cities next to rivers do not require an aqueduct to grow past size 6, and therefore go all the way to 12 before needing hospitals to progress.
          4. YES!
          5. Yikes! I haven't experienced any placement problems yet, and I've been playing with 16 civs. Remember, with 16 civs it's going to be crowded.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanho

1 - I'm undecided about this so far. They seem quite aggressive when it comes to land, but they're almost random when it comes to trades.
            2 - It's tolerable.
            3 - As mentioned previously, rivers
            4 - It speeds up a LOT later on, but it drags sooooo bad in the beginning. I guess that's realism, but drags a bit TOO much for my liking in the early days.
            5 - I'm thinking the Pangaea or Archipelago map styles are going to be the best way to play, Continents seems to skew things too much.

Comment

Working...
            X