Privateers have been robbed! nuke subs too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privateers have been robbed! nuke subs too

In the game, the Pirates get an ADM of 1.1.4, but the manual states they are supposed to have 2.1.4. I am changing it, because as it stands now, the Privateers are useless at +1 attack.

Also, the civilopedia states that nuke subs are faster, but it then gives them the same movement points as a regular sub. I haven't built muke subs yet, so I am not sure if they do get the move bonus or not.

Going to the editor now...

Actually, after comparing the manual with the actual game stats, there are a lot of differences-

I mean, a lot!

Comment

I agree, Privateers are worthless at their current setting. My fleet of privateers failed to take out a single enemy ship. It was rather sad and led to a brief occupation of my southern shores by some infidels.
      Every experience is a moving force.

Comment

What is the defence of Galleon? (I still don't have the game)
        if it is 2, than what's the poit of Privaters?
        Still, if is is 1, that Privater stats are OK.

I hope FRIAXIS looks these things & Fix them in next PATCH.

Comment

Yeah, I think the manual sucks big time!

The only bad thing in the game so far.

Comment

I have a feeling I'll be changing the movement of sea units

I think movement should be double on huge maps at least. It is taking centuries and probably millenia to circumnavigate the world (I'm using a galleon so I have to stay close to the shores)

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              I have a feeling I'll be changing the movement of sea units

I think movement should be double on huge maps at least. It is taking centuries and probably millenia to circumnavigate the world (I'm using a galleon so I have to stay close to the shores)
              Galleons have to stay close to shores?? I guess the Spanish and Portugese didn't really get to the Americas then, huh?
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

I think he meant galleys.

Comment

Then it should take millennia to circumnavigate the globe
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Well, I just went and changed the Pirates to ADM 2.1.4

This should work

But I don't know what the deal with subs are in this game. They will be good against Transports, but that's about it.

Comment

Thank (insert-here) for the editor!
                      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

ha-ha, just wait till another civ. starts pirating you regularly .Will you swap the stats back? (grin)

Comment

Good point Blue!

I'm going to leave the stats the way they are.

I may mess with the colours a bit though. I'm not impressed with the French being pink!
                          Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                          "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin
                            I'm not impressed with the French being pink!
                            They do have a female leader
                            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by BlueHooHoo
                              ha-ha, just wait till another civ. starts pirating you regularly .Will you swap the stats back? (grin)
                              Nope- not changing it back. Besides, the manual has these stats for the Privateers. And besides that, a frigate costs 60^ [ADM 2.2.4, with bombard], a galleon costs 60^ [1.2.4, trasnports 3], and the privateer also costs 60^. So what the heck is it doing with 1.1.3?

Comment

Working...
                              X