Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...perhaps Firaxis should be applauded...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    Yin, buddy, were you the one telling us (years ago) that the Black & White engine would be perfect for Civilization III?
    That was cruel
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
      Asher: I think you've had your head stuck in the geek forums too long.
      Is that a yes or a no?
      Someone in the Civ3 forums kept harping about the B&W engine being used in Civ3, and I remember arguing with the person about it saying what a silly idea that was.

Oh, and it doesn't look self-serving at all to have so many quotes of yourself in your sig...

Tell ya what, Yin, why don't you apply for a job at Firaxis.
      Once you get in, whip them into shape!
      Hell, make MP yourself!

Go Yin! Go Yin! It's yo birfday!
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The only thing I ever said about Black and White was they had, seemingly, a strong testing program.

OOPS! LOL...

Asher, if you want to make up stuff, continue to do it about the Windows OS.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Hey, I never said you said it. I asked if you did.

Can you get anything right?

Edit: Does anyone remember who did say that, anyway?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

So I should applaud them for the effort?! LOL! Please.

Well.... if you want?

*pictures Yin clapping in front of monitor*
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Aha! Google found it.

It was LOKI.

Some interesting quotes from Yin in there though:
              HOWEVER, a Civ-like game with a BW or U9 engine would be great. Firaxis' next game anybody? Or maybe BHG is already on it?

Comment

You asked. I answered. Defrag yourself, Asher.

I can't remember who ... but I remember the discussion quite well. I'm sure you could find it around here if you tried.
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

You'd get nailed at any good university for that tactic:

Personally, I'm looking forward to a more "simple" Civ3, but that's because I'm hungry for a retro Civ3 with ultra-modern stuff built into the AI and the gameplay itself.

Comment

You asked. I answered. Defrag yourself, Asher.

I'm not used to being fragged. (we need the FFZ's :geek: smiley here)

Comment

You'd get nailed at any good university for that tactic:
                      So you retract your possible statement about Firaxis making a 3D game?

And that would have looked so nice in your sig in a few years...

Comment

OT: I just tried NU2002's defrag utility. Seems quite good. Know anything about it the rest of the world doesn't?

Comment

Acck! No! Please don't turn my thread into a flame-war between two people!!

Let's discuss this peacably, eh?

Comment

I said "Civ-like" game. Did that not post correctly in your browser? Using one of them garage OSs?

Comment

OT: I just tried NU2002's defrag utility. Seems quite good. Know anything about it the rest of the world doesn't?
                              OT: I was talking about Quake III and Counter-Strike and whatnot. I use NU2002's defrag weekly, it's scheduled. With all of the por--err...word documents I download I can dice up the drive pretty quickly.

On topic: Yes, yes! Bow down to Firaxis.

Comment

Ah, yes. I, too, download a lot of Word documents.

Back to the topic:

Firaxis no doubt experienced some major trouble with Brian's leaving. Which begs the question:

WHY MAKE A FRIGGEN DINO GAME, CANCEL IT, THEN START UP A GOLF GAME?!!!!

No sympathy from me. I predicted something like this shortly after SMAC. I said: Ooops, this is 'small company gets a little money and figures they can make half a dozen games at once syndrome.'

It's tough to be right this often! (j.k)

Comment

Working...
                                X