Man am I glad that I.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man am I glad that I.....

Glad I didnt buy the game yet. I was going to go out- buy a new moniter, then buy Civ3. Of course I was even more tempted after I played the game next door.

The gameplay is great......but after reading some of the problems its having. I must respectfully decline. I hear the font errors and all the voodoo card troubles. I cant believe they realeased a game in this shape. So many people are going to get shafted...so far about 1/4 of the people have troubles ranging from slow scroll, sloppy grapics, and jumbled text.

This reminds me too much of CTP2

I will buy the game when the patches come out.

However, I trust firaxis/IG will fix these issues. Cause if sales are slow and they dont fix these problems...

THIS IS THE BEGINING OF THE END OF CIVILIZATION

I really don't know what most of those people are up in arms about.

The only problem I've had was a slow scrolling speed, which was actually Nvidia's problem in their latest drivers. Reverting back to the ones Windows XP shipped with fixed it just fine.

Most people want to whine for the sake of whining.

Take a look around: Every...single...game released doesn't run on everybody's system perfectly.
    There are infinite configurations to take into account, and some people...well, let's just say they're not the brightest.

Most of the whines are baseless, and I honestly think they're just grabs for attentions.

Every game, no matter how awesome it is, has naysayers that say "it sucks", "fix this bug! oh dear god fix this bug", and "boycott the company, this sucks!" etc.

Civ3 is a great gameplay experience for me. That's why I bought the game.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey Asher, I am not flamming you but your comment is why the console cames seem migthty good right now since they are all the same spec, and therefore no bugs.

Maybe more time should have been made into the game before release but that is anthour topic wich has been said before.

Maybe we should stick to console games then? NO?

MY Two Cents.

Davor

Comment

People like Asher can be annoying just because they dont see problems doesnt mean they dont exist, its not whining, if it works for you good but if people dish out 50$ on a game and it dont work why shouldnt they be upset? especially if they bought it to enjoy it too and it just came out today, hopefully tech support will hear the cries of the people and release info how to fix the problems but its not whining its getting your moneys worth and enjoying the game

Comment

Squeaky wheels get the grease..

and get all the attention on these boards, apparently.

I haven't had any troubles running the game.

Voodoo card trouble? Well, can't say I have any sympathy there.

But you are wise to wait for patches- the odds of problems arising after the intial patching is much lower. However, I will be playing perfectly good CivIII games until then..

ciao!

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky
            Hey Asher, I am not flamming you but your comment is why the console cames seem migthty good right now since they are all the same spec, and therefore no bugs.

Maybe more time should have been made into the game before release but that is anthour topic wich has been said before.

Maybe we should stick to console games then? NO?

MY Two Cents.
            Console games are entirely different.

You try playing a game like Civilization III on a console.

Although I do agree with you, consoles are better like that. My point is every PC in existance has ALWAYS had those problems, and it's stupid to flame about it. Post in the help forum and try to get it resolved, do not make posts telling people not to buy the game because you have a shoddy system.

People like Asher can be annoying just because they dont see problems doesnt mean they dont exist, its not whining, if it works for you good but if people dish out 50$ on a game and it dont work why shouldnt they be upset? especially if they bought it to enjoy it too and it just came out today, hopefully tech support will hear the cries of the people and release info how to fix the problems but its not whining its getting your moneys worth and enjoying the game
            I never said the problems don't exist.
            If they DO exist, this is NOT the forum for it, so leave that **** out of here.

I don't care that your 4MB video card, Celeron 300 dinosaur PC cannot play it. To have someone have such a system, with warning signs pointing to not being DX8 compatable (which is on the box), then whine and tell everyone not to buy it is just silly and annoying.

There are bugs, there are problems.
            But ask the vast majority of people here: It's worth it.

My apologies to those of you who lack the knowledge or intuition to get your game working properly.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

EVERY game that comes out has a bunch of people screaming on the message board that the game wasn't done, doesn't work, or is the buggiest piece of junk ever released on an unsuspecting public. The fact is that if you have a modern system that works properly, there is no problem with Civ3.

Heh I read a comment in another thread how none of the Civ games worked on this guy's computer. Guess what, that's not a problem with the software.

Comment

The only thing here wich reminds me on CTP2, is a little poor units stats balance (privater attack of 1 for example)

Comment

I think you're reading too many neagtive reports of the game. Go check the Civ3-Stories bit. If that doesn't have you drooling then check your saliva glands.

But please, this is important for me - What Voodoo card trouble??
                  A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

I think you're reading too many neagtive reports of the game. Go check the Civ3-Stories bit. If that doesn't have you drooling then check your saliva glands.

But please, this is important for me - What Voodoo card trouble??
                    A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

0 problems here so far.

Most of the time, when people have problems, the problem is really between the chair and the monitor.

Comment

just a quick note

I have a voodoo3 3000 and have 0 problems with the game.

In fact I never had a game not run on my computers I had. I think you people do some weird funky things to your machines. I never ever have problems with my games.

Comment

Not so much as a hint of a problem on my end.
                          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Squeaky wheels get the grease..

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                            Voodoo card trouble? Well, can't say I have any sympathy there.
                            Umm, why not? If people have paid up to £150 for a top of the line graphics card like the Voodoo 5500 they have every right to expect it to work.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Sheesh osweld was right

This forum is loaded with denial and non-objectionists.

The game is good..but nobody is complaining about the extreme lack of everything else...MP, Scenarios, Patches, tech support? Considering the price they charged for this???????

How is one willing to pay 50.00 bucks for an unfinished game

Im just waiting till they fix this ; thats all.

Comment

Working...
                              X