The years just FLY by...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The years just FLY by...

Hey is this normal? I was playing on a regular sized random map and in what seemed like no time I was at 1950! I didn't even have battleships or airplanes. I had about 10 cities and new technololgy was coming every 4-10 turns. Then the game ended at 2050!?!? Didn't Civ2 end at 2200. ARgh!

Anyhow, if you play a larger map, do the time increments get smaller?

Dire

P.S. How do you remove troops from an army?
    Last edited by Dire Wolf; October 31, 2001, 23:09.

gotta say man it sux i played on large map with one computer, and it ended at 2050, i was playing for hours though (cos im new to civ). I just researched electricity. Definately need more time!.

Comment

Newbies

Jesus H Christ
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

ya I noticed this as well ...

I played for like 45 mins and I was already at 100 AD and I just had a few cities and not a lot of technology.
        -=-NakaNaka-=-

Comment

damn....
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Does the "H" stand for "Horse", AH?

"Jesus Horse Christ!"

Comment

I've been playing this one game for several hours now, and the time is going sloooowly. Of course, I'm playing on a huge map with 16 civs (all alive and well) and it takes quite a bit of time for them to move.

Comment

Re: The years just FLY by...

Originally posted by Dire Wolf
                P.S. How do you remove troops from an army?
                There is no "Normal" yet because only Firaxians have played the game that much. Keep track of what level you are playing at: that might be a clue to why the years go by so fast.

I haven't had any 'army' experience yet, but my understanding is that you CANNOT remove units from an army. Once your formed army leaves the city it is created in you cannot change its composition. In playtesting they discovered they had to keep it from being way tooooooo powerful.

Comment

Maybe thier giving thier governors total controle of thier cities and automating all of thier workers. I think I going to start doing this not only will it make the game a lot faster, but it will also make the game more challening. I wonder how my governors and workers will hold up on Deity.

Comment

I hope there is an option for tech stagnation. The atmosphere of the game will be ruined if one can't savour each period of history. I found this to be the case with CTP - no sooner had you built a decent army of knights before gunpowder was introduced. SMAC seems balanced well in this respect, so I am now a bit worried.

Bkeela.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

time flies by??? I don't think so. It actually takes much longer now than before, this might have something to do with me playing a huge map with 16 players No really, it looks like the speed has gotten slower.
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X