Sandbox mode is available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandbox mode is available

Though it is kind of useless in a game-playing sense, there is a sandbox mode available for Civ 3 for those people who just want to try for the biggest city ever or test a few ideas about empire-managing without having to worry about opponents messing with your plans. Just start a new game and choose no rivals - Civ3 allows you to do that.

Though it would make for one BORING game!

VERY Boring!

But this setting would help one research the maximum city/research/gold without having to worry about opponents.

Comment

Now i know i will be able to win on Deity!
      I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

Can you destroy your cities? I've always wanted to build a great civ and then go mad and destroy it
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Actually AH, that kind of hits upon one of my favorite things to do in Civ2 though I was never so good at the game that I was able to do it at will. I'd like to build myself up into the biggest baddest civ possible (leaving all opponents in the dust) and then try to get one of the other civs to take my capital so that I could go to war with a real opponent (my breakaway Civ after I went into Civil War.) I had this one game where I put a couple of nukes in every city, no SDI's, and then went into Civil War - let's just say that what was left wasn't worth winning after it was all over!

Sim Civ... it might have it's uses.
          Last edited by JohnT; October 31, 2001, 23:12.

Comment

are ya still limited to year 2050ad though?

Comment

Oh, I don't know: I just tried the settings and played a couple of turns to see if it would work.

Comment

Sandbox, eh?

Might be fun to play against barbarians though, and just try for a high score.

Thanx Firaxis- little bonus

Comment

Working...
                X