Does civ3 work on your computor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does civ3 work on your computor

Trying to get a statistical smaple here about its bugginess.
    Please slo if you have the time post your result with a description of your platform.
    Yes, no significant problems
    81.25%
    Yes, sort of, some problems
    9.38%
    No, too cranky to be fun
    0.00%
    No, does not run at all
    9.38%
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Celeron 400 Mhz
    128 MB ram
    16 MB Banshee video card (or whatever it's called...)
    after install, had about 250 MB HD space left

I consider my system kinda low-end, at least compared to what's out here with most gamers.

I have no significant problems. One minor (to me at least) is that the music skips. I usually turn off the music anyway, so it's not a problem. Since I haven't seen anyone else report the problem, I am assuming it's a quirk of my system and not a game bug.

Cheers.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

tbird 1.2 ghz, 512 ramm, radeon ddr 64 mb.

It crashes constantly.

Comment

PIII 500MHz
        256 MB RAM
        GeForce2 32 MB video
        plenty of hard drive space (> 30GB)
        no problems at all
        Call me Frank.
        To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Desktop
          -----------
          PIII/500
          128Mb Ram
          Voodoo 3/3000
          10GB HD
          No Probs

Laptop
          ---------
          PIII/600
          128MB RAM
          Unknown Video
          5GBHD
          No Probs

Comment

1.8 Ghz Pentium4
            Geforce 3 64Mb
            512 RDRAM
            80Gb Hard drive

no audio problems

video - strange glittery dust clouds periodically pass over some of my flood plains - I think its supposed to do that.

Comment

mine was a yes (first choice)

It was orginally a Sony P2 300 with 64 megs of RAM if that matters.

It has been uprgraded to a P3 700 processor, 256 megs of ram, voodoo3 3000 video card, fortissimoII sound card with 5 speaker surround sound setup, 13.6 gig hard drive (should have got bigger), 12 (I think- I never upgraded it, never run games from cd) speed cd rom.

Comment

works fine, a little audio skiping once every couple of minutes when a lot of action going on
                And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Seems to be running alright so far forthe large majority.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

If I can actually get to the openning game menu, it works great from then on. However, most of the time when I launch it I get an "invalid page fault" right after that first screen showing the still of the tower of babel. Originally, I had something between a 1 in 5 and 1 in 10 chance of getting past that. If I got into the openning movie, it worked fine (got to about 650 AD in my first game). Then, based on what tech support told me, I assumed my antiquated sound card was causing the problems (latest available drivers still from 1999, too old to be DX 8.0a compliant). So, I bought a new sound card. Now if it gets past the "invalid page fault" it locks up on the intro movie (usually just a white screen, sometimes it gets the Infogrames logo drawn before it chokes).

SYSTEM:

AMD Athlon T-bird 900MHz
                    Abit KT7A (Via Apollo KT133A chipset) motherboard
                    128 MB ram
                    Geforce2 GTS video card (MSI) w/latest Detonator 21.83 drivers
                    Soundblaster PCI512 (original card)
                    Soundblaster Audigy MP3+ (new sound card) - CD drivers are the latest

SYSTEM OPERATOR:

Bummed

Comment

400 mhz celeron
                      128 mb ram
                      voodoo 3 2000 16mb

it runs fine, however when i played a huge map with all the civs it kinda took awhile in between turns when the computer was going. does it take long for you guys?
                      Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

PII 400
                        256 MB SDRAM
                        lots of HD space
                        ATI 64MB Radeon

Nary a problem yet and it's been running straight for 24 hours now. Scrolling does suck a bit but nothing other than gameplay issues.

Uncle Thade

Comment

Installation was fine, opening movie worked fine. Planet configuration worked okay, then the program aborted. Reboot to make sure that no extras left from installation, same thing. If they don't fix it fast, I'm asking for a refund. Maybe then I'll try it again two years from now when its only ten bucks on the "old software" shelf at Walmart.

P3 800
                          512 Meg RAM
                          64 Meg Radeon
                          harddrive space for days
                          Last edited by Fugi the Great; November 1, 2001, 03:13.
                          What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                          Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                          X