anyone notice jackal.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone notice jackal.txt

Look in the main installation directory for Civ III and open up the text file jackal.txt (I think that's it, I'm at work now).

Looks like it's a configuration file for multiplayer stuff... Guess they forgot to remove it from the install...

"Forgotten"? Interesting...
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

dp...
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Well here we go again

Who will unlock multiplayer first? Will Cid get another 50 bucks from us, or will we just unlock the options ourselves?

Don't forget to find simul turns, and the hidden civs while you're at it guys.

Comment

Well here we go again

Who will unlock multiplayer first? Will Cid get another 50 bucks from us, or will we just unlock the options ourselves?

Don't forget to find simul turns, and the hidden civs while you're at it guys.

Comment

Whoever cracks this thing, could you please release your code open source?

Thanks!

Comment

Hmm, Jackal is the programming library files for all Firaxis´games (the games engine if you will). So there should be references to multiplayer in there since the same library files were used in SMAC and Gettysburg (even if MP is not yet included in Civ III).

I hardly think that there is just a way to "unlock" MP and make it work...

Guess we´ll have to wait and see.

Ced.

Comment

--BUMP--

After taking a look at some of the functions, it appears that a server architecture is contemplated.

Anybody have further thoughts?

MarkG: you could move this to creation, where it would get better traffic.

Comment

From the essential chat transcript:

[Asesino_Virtual] Jeff: what is the Jacktal.txt present in the CIVIII CD?
                  [Jeff_Morris] It's the library error messages for the engine we used
                  [Jeff_Morris] Jason coleman wrote it...jackal stands for JAson Colemans KickAss Library
                  Seems like we have the answer here...!
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                  X