Where is the MiG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the MiG?

Do you remember the MiG fighter (a MiG 29 Fulcrum I think) from the first civ3 preview page. Question: is it in the game, or was this a beta graphic?
    Blah

It was replaced with a cossack. Maybe Firaxians wanted to US to be the only country to get their Golden Age on modern times (Is Panzer really a modern unit?)
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
      It was replaced with a cossack. Maybe Firaxians wanted to US to be the only country to get their Golden Age on modern times (Is Panzer really a modern unit?)
      DUH! You don't think that 1940 is modern? You must live a sheltered life. Go to a history class and learn that humans once used sticks and rocks to fight each other. Present-day Abrahams tanks aren't terribly different from tanks from WWII. The only difference would be the electronic warfare systems, and possibly a more efficient engine. The generally accepted theory on division of ages is that the internal combustion engine signaled the start of the modern age.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

S.A. - thanks for clearing that up

What I meant was: what era comes the tech for panzer-unit?
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Ah thanks, I know about the cossack, but I thought they used then the MiG as jetfighter for all civs, and the F15 only for the USA...
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin

Present-day Abrahams tanks aren't terribly different from tanks from WWII. The only difference would be the electronic warfare systems, and possibly a more efficient engine.
            They have way better Armour, lower profile design, loads faster, can target and kill while moving at speed, can fight and night and any weather condition, better guns with longer range and better penetrating amunition, the list goes on...

Basically if civ3 was totally based on realism 1 x Elite Panzer should have no chance of killing 1 x Conscript Abram. There is an argument for surprise attack or defensive terrain etc but still only a minicule chance of winning.

Comment

Re: Where is the MiG?

oops

Comment

Re: Where is the MiG?

Originally posted by BeBro
                Do you remember the MiG fighter (a MiG 29 Fulcrum I think) from the first civ3 preview page. Question: is it in the game, or was this a beta graphic?
                I reckon the Mig maybe the standard jet fighter for all civs a bit like the way the sherman and abram are the standard tanks...

Comment

Re: Re: Where is the MiG?

Originally posted by Typo
                  I reckon the Mig maybe the standard jet fighter for all civs a bit like the way the sherman and abram are the standard tanks...
                  Exactly my second question...
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin

DUH! You don't think that 1940 is modern? You must live a sheltered life. Go to a history class and learn that humans once used sticks and rocks to fight each other. Present-day Abrahams tanks aren't terribly different from tanks from WWII. The only difference would be the electronic warfare systems, and possibly a more efficient engine. The generally accepted theory on division of ages is that the internal combustion engine signaled the start of the modern age.

Germany still makes Panzers. They are just called the Leopard 1 & 2. Only german tank that actually uses panzer name is the "Panzer2000". Also, the marder is an APC.

Panzer=German world for tank. It does not matter through the ages. German tanks are always best in the world!

Comment

Jet fighter

Well, there is no MiG. There is however a generic jet fighter. I'd post a better pic if we had the ability to create a unit in-game ... Alas, I haven't gotten to fighters yet. I will give you a more up close shot of the jet fighter when i get there in the game.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That does look like a MiG 29 though
                        "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
                        "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory

Germany still makes Panzers. They are just called the Leopard 1 & 2. Only german tank that actually uses panzer name is the "Panzer2000". Also, the marder is an APC.

Panzer=German world for tank. It does not matter through the ages. German tanks are always best in the world!
                          I know but the panzer in the game will be available if you were researching the sherman when playing Germans and it looks like a Panzer IV.

Also everyone knows the Abram is the best tank in the world you can then argue about the ones after that based on armour, speed or electronics i.e. challenger 2, Leopard 2, T-90 etc...

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                            S.A. - thanks for clearing that up

What I meant was: what era comes the tech for panzer-unit?
                            Industrial Era. Comes with Motorized Transport.
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                            X