Something to try for slow scrolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to try for slow scrolling

Disclaimer: I haven't got Civ III, but this fix has proved useful for other games where similar symtoms arose. Some people with the problem need to try it out and post their findings:

Microsoft left debug mode on in directx 8 and 8a for DirectSound. That is eating up CPU cycles from hell having that on, not to mention the software/hardware conflicts that it can create. Well, I hope this helps some people. This will cure many ailments.

download:

** http://www.gamevoiceclub.com/Download/dxapplet.zip **
    {note --this is a directx control panel applet, if you have it, then no need to get it again.}

Extract to:

..\Windows\System
    go to Control Panel, click on the Dx applet
    go to the DirectSound tab and slide the debug slider all the way to the left <<<<<<< to disable debug mode.
    note: It does work w/ 8.1 but in some instances, debug is already off with that version.

May help for those experiencing crippling stutter-chop problems and using DirectX 8.x
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

I haven't been having problems with this game and sound, but there is another game I used to have sound stutter problems with.

Thanx

Comment

Tried it and it didn't help. Appreciate the post regardless. As stated in another thread it's already been confirmed the choppy screen scrolling is due to sloppy coding and is to be addressed in a patch.

Comment

Working...
      X