Civ 3 Minimal Requirments: Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 Minimal Requirments: Question

Does anyone have anything near a 333mhz machine with 64mb ram? If so, how does the game run?

And btw, does it really have that many bugs?
    Alex

Hmm, I have exact same computer,
    but,
    I don't have a game

Still, I can give you my CTP1&CTP2 expirience:
    -first 100 turns is ok!
    -than games get slower until
    -after 300+ turn games gets painfully slow (with 8 opponents)
    -loot of DISC SWAPPING (I thnik that 64 RAM is just not enought)
    -Activision minimums were 32 MB RAM, 166 MHz (lower than Firaxis)

Comment

Alex, read my very last post I have done on my 'Don't Buy Civ3!!!' thread. That should give you some info if you read that post, remember only the last one will give you the info you are truly looking for (the rest of them are frustrated motive posts).
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

From TechWins post:

PII 233
        128 mb RAM
        4 mb video card
        Win2000
        Old Monitor

Civ3 worked on this computer as amazing as it may sound.

So aparently it could work on those specs.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

luck luck luck luck luck luck lucy luck luck luck luck

You have too many stupid programs loaded into RAM probably. Winamp, MSN, my mouse, NTL, my CD-ROM drive, GetRight and a whole hell of a lot else all steal RAM from my computer. Kick some of that and it might run better.
          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

From my expirience with CTP games, I think that the most importatnt thing is RAM,
            So having 128 MB should do the trick (or more since it is relativly cheap to buy)

Comment

Working...
            X