Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things i don't like about it.

1. stacks don't die

When you attack a stack, only the one unit dies...

2. city interphase

not as convenient as civ2

3. no unit zones of control.

enemy units can walk right by your units, even if they are on mountains

and that is just from 5 minutes of play. I am disappointed.

OH! and 4. no MP

"Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Re: Things i don't like about it.

Originally posted by Kaak
    1. stacks don't die

But I thought that's what people wanted: stacks that don't die?

2. city interphase
    What is city interphase? (I know what interphase is with regards to the cell cycle but not with regards to Civ3)

I think only certain advanced fast units like tanks have ZOC now. I don't know if any ancient units have it so that is probably why you haven't seen ZOC effects yet.
    Last edited by Simpleton; October 30, 2001, 20:37.
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Re: Things i don't like about it.

Originally posted by Kaak
      1. stacks don't die

2. city interphase

not as convenient as civ2

and that is just from 5 minutes of play. I am disappointed.

OH! and 4. no MP
      1. Thank god.

2. Oh well you'll get used to it.

3. We already know this, you need to construct forts.

4. Go away, play the game and tell us something useful instead of playing for 5 mins and coming back with ****e...

Comment

Kaak, your disappointments, especially one and three, are simply you being disappointed at more realism - if one infantry regiment attacks a stack of three infantry regiments in real life, the stack doesn't die, why should it in Civ?

As for the whole ZOC thing...why should someone entrenched on a hill (esp. without artillery) prevent movement? Although I would like to see something called opportunity attacks - but who knows? Maybe those are in the modern era.
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

great great, typo criticizes me with his 24th post...
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Because we all know postcount = penis size.

Comment

I thought his tone was out of line, especially his so called rebuttal of kaak's fourth point. So much for respect

1. I think that's a good thing
              2. Interface (Typoe?). I haven't played yet... I just got it now.
              3. ZOC's come later in the game judging from what I read. Also there's supposed to be some kind of consequence for moving in a hostile unit's so called ZOC? I'm don't know. I haven't played yet
              4. A big disappointment but then... we both bought the game anyways. I guess we're just a bunch of saps like that.

Comment

24 wow! I didn't realise I'd made that many posts, I must be good

BTW you still here get playing some civ3

Comment

WHAT A 24 INCH PENIS???

Comment

Yes, i lovingly strocke my 900 some inche penis while AH has to have a limo to ride around with his ten-thousand inch penis...
                    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Things I don't like about it so far?

The graphics are really, REALLY bad. This is not civ2 further expanded and defined, this is call to power 3.

bleh...

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
                        Yes, i lovingly strocke my 900 some inche penis while AH has to have a limo to ride around with his ten-thousand inch penis...
                        yes, AH is a well known spermer, ups...spammer

Comment

Zylka,

The graphics are exceptional for this type of game. What were you expecting, turn based Quake 3?

Comment

tbs Quake 3, good one...

I would rather have Firaxis spend 3 years on improving gameplay, then 3 years improving the graphics. That is the problem, especially with console games, nowadays. All these puds care about is "ooh look at the pretty graphics". Graphics should not even be part of a game review. Or at least it shouldn't be weighted in the overall rating as heavily as it is. Lots of people attack the idea of realism using the excuse "gameplay is more important than realism", yet when an awesome game like Civ 3 comes out, those same ***** complain about the graphics. I guess some people just complain no matter what the case may be.

As for ZOC:

Considering each square in Civ games represents about 1,000 sq miles, I don't think it is inconceivable that an archer unit can walk past a bunch of phalanx soldiers sitting on their ass. I'm all for the ZOC rules in Civ 3. And anyone who says otherwise can take this action: "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat, if you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear!"
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Re: Things i don't like about it.

Originally posted by Typo
                              4. Go away, play the game and tell us something useful instead of playing for 5 mins and coming back with ****e...

Comment

Working...
                              X