What about Zones of Control??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Zones of Control??!!

How do they work now that you play the game my fellow americans?!!

If for example the AI has two phalanx creating a blockade between them will a tank just ignore ZOC and go straight between them?

Have you noticed such occurances?

Re: What about Zones of Control??!!

Originally posted by paiktis22
    How do they work now that you play the game my fellow americans?!!

If for example the AI has two phalanx creating a blockade between them will a tank just ignore ZOC and go straight between them?

Have you noticed such occurances?
    Yes, a barbarian waltzed past one of my fortifield hoplites, killed a worker and then attacked a city (unsuccessfully).

The old habit of fortifying a defensive unit in a nearby mountain has to be broken.
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

Re: Re: What about Zones of Control??!!

Originally posted by Ray K
      The old habit of fortifying a defensive unit in a nearby mountain has to be broken.

AAAAAAAAAH!

You don't know how much I rellied on this habit

Thanks for the info

Comment

The flip side of this coin that we have a report of a unit of archers launching a flanking attack on a passing cruise missle.

Shot it down too. The arrows must be +2 to hit.

Comment

General consensus seems to be that the missle was not shot down out of the sky, but picked off as it was being transported on the ground from city to city.

Zones of Control seem to be replaced by Attacks of Opportunity. Move past a unit, they get an attack on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando
            Zones of Control seem to be replaced by Attacks of Opportunity. Move past a unit, they get an attack on you.
            Aha! So any unit can move between or around any units but it gets to get attacked freely once by the other?

Or maybe a phalanx simply can't move between tanks? (superior units do block inferior?)

Comment

I believe fast units get potshots at slow units, if I have caught it correctly.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
              X