No announcement yet.

Taking Requests for Screenshots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Taking Requests for Screenshots!

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune

Civilopedia on Despotism, Democracy and the Republic, please!

If you regularly post screenshots, you are going to move at least one circle upstairs regarding your eternal destiny.
    OK, I couldn't get the pics to post here in a good enough resolution so I'll donate some bandwidth temporarily.

Anarchy

Communism

Democracy

Despotism

Monarchy

Republic

Enjoy! I'm really enjoying the game so far.
    The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in
    time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.--Dante

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

I think he is stuck in that "just one more turn" syndrome!
      Yeah, it was amazing just how quickly you get back into "just one more turn" mode. I couldn't figure out how to get the pics on here with decent resolution so I'll just pop them up to my web space and post links. Not sure how long the bandwidth will last though.

Comment

Originally posted by Typo
        Are there any animations when you invade a city like the fireworks on a We Love The King Day?

I'd also like to see a before and after screen of an ICBM hit on a city.

Also what happens when a boat is destroyed does it sink gradually or just disappear?
        Nothing special when you take a city. The invading unit raises up and roars.

I haven't gotten far enough in to see ICBMs yet but will post when I do. I believe there is a thread with some tactical nuke pics already.

So far I haven't sunk any boats.

Comment

Thanks for those Government pictures, they were very interesting...
          "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

Originally posted by El hidalgo
            I'd like to see screen shots of the map editor and of the huge map, particularly a shot showing UK/Ireland and part of Europe, or else Japan, so we can get an idea of how many tiles these occupy, so in turn we can get an idea about how much room there is on the huge map... Thank you!!
            I was enjoying everything about the game until I opened up the Editor and saw this:

World Map -

YES!! That is the "HUGE" world.

That is Europe you're looking at. And that tiny blob that I would ignore in most games is England.

Comment

Originally posted by Dante Alighieri

I was enjoying everything about the game until I opened up the Editor and saw this:

World Map -

That is Europe you're looking at. And that tiny blob that I would ignore in most games is England.

How do you use the Civ editor? I cant get it to let me edit rules or nayhting.
              "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

World Map -

That was huge! That should be more like small. Is there anyway to make a larger map. If you can edit larger maps then that maby someone could just make a beter earth. Or were stuck with garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Insigna

That was huge! That should be more like small. Is there anyway to make a larger map. If you can edit larger maps then that maby someone could just make a beter earth. Or were stuck with garbage.
                  I believe a much better one can be made by someone here. This looks like it was made as an after thought. I don't even believe it's the full size a map can be.

Comment

You can create up to 256x256 and the "HUGE" map is only 180x180 or maybe it was even less, I can't remember....

Comment

I guess "huge" isn't very "huge" after all...what, if you really want to "cram' cities in, you might be able to fit a total of 2 cities on the the entire Britsih isle!
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Re: Taking Requests for Screenshots!

I'm loading the game right now and will be monitoring this thread. Any requests for screenshots?
                        Well suddenly it's Midnight here and I've got to be up at 5am. Or do I feel a cold coming on.

Anyway, so far I'm enjoying Civ 3. If there are any more requests for screen shots please feel free and I'll take some for you.

Comment

With regards to the ships, all the galleys that i've seen sunk break apart and sink to the bottom. Real cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLosAngeles
                            You can create up to 256x256 and the "HUGE" map is only 180x180 or maybe it was even less, I can't remember....
                            Thats great news!
                            I guess the race begins to make the best world map.

Comment

Well whoever creates a 256x256 Earth map first, put me at the top of your list to send it to!

Comment

when i get my copy in two weeks or so I'll do a remake of the civ 2 large world map, but with resources in the good places. that map was decent....

can anyone tell me what the size of the civ 2 world map is? n x n

Comment

Working...
                                X