Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archers shoot down cruise missiles... AI hardly notices nuclear attacks...MP anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imran....you should relax too yin is just to distressed by the early release of civ3.

Comment

I think I'm pretty relaxed... at least I feel like it
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

cmon, its too late for you, i guess...already past midnight?
        i was dreaming last night about civ3. the first thing in the morning was opening a EB confirmation that it is shipped. how are you getting it? youa re on east coast?

Comment

4:30 AM actually .

I'm getting it through Amazon.com, by Friday . But since I can't get to a mall, it'll have to do .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            4:30 AM actually .

I'm getting it through Amazon.com, by Friday . But since I can't get to a mall, it'll have to do .
            YOu can't get to a mall? Why on Earth? I thought that was a fav American pastime

Comment

No car on campus, I'm afraid. C'est la vie .

Comment

No car on campus, I'm afraid. C'est la vie .
                if solver can buy a new monitor, you could fork out some dough for a new car. i will sacrifice my firstborn LOL

Comment

I think I can wait 2 days instead of paying for a car .

Comment

I think I can wait 2 days instead of paying for a car .
                    Some people are just strange

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Archer attacks missile

In the review is say that the cruise missile stopped at an open tile. How can it do that??????

I thought missiles only 'moved' from cities/subs to attack, they can never be attacked in flight!!!!

Unless someone can give me a reason not to I think this 'reviewer' missed something (or a lot of things).

Comment

Since I started this thread, it's only etiquette to say that I won't be answering any more posts in it. It speaks for itself. And since it's a 99% certainty I won't be buying Civ3 (if at all) until the Gold Edition ... and only then if it has proven itself to be an exceptional game.

So as not to seem rude: Feel free to direct things my way, but I won't be answering.
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Re: Archer attacks missile

Originally posted by Fiil
                          In the review is say that the cruise missile stopped at an open tile. How can it do that??????

I thought missiles only 'moved' from cities/subs to attack, they can never be attacked in flight!!!!

Unless someone can give me a reason not to I think this 'reviewer' missed something (or a lot of things).
                          I think that missles can be moved on land (with one or several movemnt points), and that they have defense bonus of 1 or 0, so I think that some barbarian army CAN hijack one "mobile" missle silo, easily.

Now letts see, Swordsmen vs Mech. Inf.:
                          -Sw. attack M. Inf. 3/(18+3)=1/7 (14% hitting 1hp):

-M. Inf. attack Sw. 12/(12+3)=0.8 (80% hitting 1hp)
                          so once in 5 attacks you will lost one hp,

Concluson: I seames to me that maybe a Veretan or Elite Obsolete units, can hurat a modern unexpirienced unit.

Maybe that's what was happen in the review.

Comment

Re: Archers shoot down cruise missiles... AI hardly notices nuclear attacks...MP anybody?

Originally posted by yin26

The whole sad truth is there. It's just about every horrid thing I could NOT want in Civ3.

And Korn: Sorry, bro. Not only is MAD *missing* from this game, nuclear attacks are just another form of attack.

*sigh*

So much lost time on the List and this forum. Hell.
                            For crying out loud, Yin, stop acting like a bozo. All I can see is you are grasping at certain weaknesses and blow them out of proportions like a drowning man grasping at straws. All that from a half-baked review, too.

Sheeh, get a grip.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: Archers shoot down cruise missiles... AI hardly notices nuclear attacks...MP anybody?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

For crying out loud, Yin, stop acting like a bozo.
                              Too bad they didn't archive the original SMAC forums. I think you would notice a definite trend.

Anyway, there is definitely some gross exaggeration of the negative information going on here. Considering that the "reviews" so far have given Civ3 very high scores, it seems daft to play up the negatives like this. Be that as it may, I'm not one to trust most review sites anyway - I have no history with the reviewers. One exception is Bob over at cgonline, and his comments have been mostly positive so far. He's been spot on in the past with games that interest me.

I'm looking forward to playing the game tonight so I can form my own opinions.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Archers shoot down cruise missiles... AI hardly notices nuclear attacks...MP anybody?

Originally posted by Stuie
                                I'm looking forward to playing the game tonight so I can form my own opinions.
                                And im looking forward to your review of the game
                                If you could, would you mind trying to replicate the 'bad' features the reviewer meantioned, such as the missile being stuck and attacked, or mech-inf being swatted by legions. Im interested to see just how that missile was stuck in the open, whether he moved it out of its operating range, or what.

Thanks
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X