No announcement yet.

Anyone still holding out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although it is indeed still open whether CIv III will be as good as Civ II, I've pre-ordered Civ III. The reason is that I have played CIv I and Civ II for 5000+ hours, but all I had back then were illegal copies. So now with my much improved income I feel more than obliged to buy this game simply to bring back money into the system that already gave me so much fun time.

Comment

I'll get Civ III when it comes out in the UK practically no matter wht anyone says simply because I get a 10 day guaranteed return policy. That means the best possible reviewer can make a personal assessment of whether the good outweighs the bad.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

So my question is are any of the pessimist on this board not buying the game? It appears both Yin and Locutus have been converted. Any hold outs?
        Hmm......chalk me up for one who sticks to their guns. I don't sell out for anything.

Theres an Eb 5 miles from where I live and could pick it up at any time.......but I've got two civ2 games going right now, and I dont have plans to quit either.

Even if it was a complete game and inculded everything it should, I probably would wait a few months anyway. I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon.
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
          Hold on! I will only buy this game in the near future under ONE condition: If the LE is released in Korea for $35. At that price, it's a bargain if for only nostalgic reasons alone.
          Looks like our attempts to reverend Yin
          have been waste of time. I suppose we'll
          have to put more effort on that.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I'm holding out until maybe I can get a job and get enough money to buy it (without my wife getting upset at me for buying another game instead of paying bills).

Joe.

Comment

Working...
            X