Map Swapping and Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Swapping and Resources

If this as already been asked I apologize for the spam .

Lets say that I was the first person to discover Gunpowder (and thus all the Saltpeter resources are "seeable"), so now I can see if I have Saltpeter resources available to me for areas that I can see. What happens if I swap maps with another Civ that does not yet have Gunpowder (and thus cannot see if they have Saltpeter resources)? Will I be able to see those resources? If so, does this really make sense?

IIRC, you will not see any resources you are not able to see on your map.

Comment

I believe from the feedback that we received in other forums, that you will be able to see the resources even if you exchanged maps before you discovered the tech.

BlueHooHoo was describing a game that he's playing (ya... he's got a copy already), and he said that when he discovered saltpeter, he noticed that most of the saltpeter was in his rival's territory to the north of his. So, he saw that his competitor had most of the saltpeter.
      Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
      "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
        IIRC, you will not see any resources you are not able to see on your map.
        That wasn't quite what I was asking...If I COULD see a resource that my competitor couldn't, if I swapped maps with him, could I see the resources that he couldn't?

Comment

i guess so, yes.
          but you most likely will not be able to see what he can if your tech is lower

Comment

mind you, you have to be able to have the resource in the 'line of sight' whatever that means in the concrete situation...

Comment

Originally posted by Zardos
              That wasn't quite what I was asking...If I COULD see a resource that my competitor couldn't, if I swapped maps with him, could I see the resources that he couldn't?
              My impression is "Yes", you can see resources on any part of the map that has been uncovered, whether through exploration or trade, regardless of line of sight.

I can give you a more definitive answer tomorrow.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
              X